A Guide on Skilled Regional Visa – Australia
According to the Australian Home Affair Government, more than 660,350 Indians are presently living in Australia making Indians… The post A Guide on Skilled Regional Visa – Australia appeared first on Leverage Edu.
According to the Australian Home Affair Government, more than 660,350 Indians are presently living in Australia making Indians the third largest migrant community in the country. Low pollution levels, economic growth, breathtaking scenery are among the many reasons which make Australia a great place to live, study and work. In order to study or work in Australia, students have to meet all entry requirements, among which is a Visa. Skilled Regional Visa popularly known as 491 Visa Australia allows you and your family to stay in Australia for up to 5 years. Let’s explore everything you need to know about 491 Visa Australia.
What is the 491 Visa in Australia or Subclass 491?
There are different types of Australian Visa available. People choose the Visa type based on their requirements. The Skilled Work Regional Visa or Subclass 491 Visa allows skilled migrants to live, study and work in designated regional areas of Australia. You will be allowed to work, study and live in Australia for a period of 5 years with your family. You can travel to and from Australia uncountable times till your Australia 491 Visa is valid. You can also apply for Permanent Residency with Subclass 491 Visa.
What is the 489 Visa Australia?
The other popular type of Australian visa is 489 Visa Australia. It helps skilled migrants settle down in Australia with their spouses and family for study and work purposes. It is valid for 4 years and allows you to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want during this period. If granted, you might be able to apply for the Skilled Regional (Permanent) Visa (subclass 887).
489 & 491 Visa Australia Eligibility
Every skilled worker planning to apply for 489 and 491 Visa for Australia has to meet the entry requirements. The requirements are different for the main applicant and subsequent applicants:
Also Read: Best Student Cities in Australia
Main Applicant Requirements
- Nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or should be sponsored by a relative
- An occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list
- Suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Applicant must be invited to apply
- Fulfil the point test
Subsequent Applicant Requirements
- Among the members of the family unit of a subclass 491 visa holder
491 & 489 Visa Processing Time
The processing time of 491& 489 Visa differs based on pathways. Generally, it takes 24-34 months for the invited 489 Pathways Visa while there is no such time extended stay or subsequent entry pathways. According to the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs, 75% of applications are processed in 28 months while 90% of applications in 34 months which includes processing time for State/Territory nominated and family-sponsored streams.
Also Read: Why Study in Australia?
489 Visa Australia Points
In order to apply for the 489 & 491 Visa Australia, the applicant must have a valid score or points. The points are evaluated based on different criteria:
- English Language Skills
- Skilled Employment Experience
- Educational Qualifications
- Specialist Educational Qualifications
- Australian Study Requirements
- Professional Year in Australia
- Credentialled Community Language
- Study in Regional Australia
- Partner Skills
- Nomination or Sponsorship
491 Visa Conditions Australia
It is important to check the terms and conditions before starting the visa application process. Here are some of the crucial 491 Visa Conditions:
- You should not be married or engaged before entering Australia. Authorities might cancel your visa in case you don’t inform prior visa is granted
- Notify the authorities 14 days before if there are some changes in passport or contact details
- After you are granted 491 visa in Australia you have to live/study/work in the designated regional areas in Australia
- Authorities might ask for proof of evidence of some of the addresses such as the place you live, study or work. You will have to provide within the period of 28 days after the request
- Some applicants have to attend a round of personal interviews over the phone or the internet
Visa 489 Fee
Visa 489 fee ranges between AUD 360- 4115 (INR 19643- 224538). The main applicant applying through the invited pathway has to pay around AUD 4115 and for the extended pathway AUD 360 (INR 19643). Applicant applying through Subsequent Entry Pathway has to pay AUD 360 (INR 19643) and if the member is an extended stay pathway applicant otherwise AUD 4,115 (INR 224538).
After being invited for 491 Visa Australia you will have to apply within 60 days. Here are the steps to apply for the visa:
- Visit the official website and log on to your skill select account.
- Select the ‘Apply for Visa’ tab and create your ImmiAccount
- Fill in all the required personal, academic and other details
- Upload the scan copy of all the mandatory documents
- Submit the application fee and finish the application process
Also Read: How to Study MBBS in Australia?
- Documents for relationship status, marriage etc
- Character Certificate
- Skill assessment and English proficiency documents
- Sponsorship Documents include the proof of citizenship, residential proof and certificate of relationship
- Government ID proofs
This is your go-to guide for Skilled Regional Visa-Australia. Are you planning to apply for this visa but not sure where to start from? Contact our experts and counsellors at Leverage Edu and start your dream of studying abroad today!