Australia Work Visa
As one of the most dynamic countries globally, Australia is in desperate need of skilled talent. Many international… The post Australia Work Visa appeared first on Leverage Edu.
As one of the most dynamic countries globally, Australia is in desperate need of skilled talent. Many international students choose to live and work in Australia based on the lifestyle and job opportunities the country promises and deliver. Take advantage of this opportunity by applying for an Australian Work Visa for Indians. This blog collates everything you need to know about Working Visa Australia with its requirements, cost, eligibility, application process and how to get a work permit to kickstart your career in Australia!
Why Work in Australia?
When you get your Australia job visa, you’re not just getting the permit to work in Australia but also an opportunity to enjoy the same fundamental rights as other local employees do. All of this makes Australia an attractive career destination for immigrants. Some of the significant factors that can boost your decision to start working in Australia are mentioned below:
- Australia’s stable economic growth averaging 2.5% per year
- Multi-sector employment opportunities
- High minimum wage and great savings opportunities
- Exceptional social benefits such as accessible health care facilities for all the employees
- Beautiful cities with vibrant multicultural life
Types of Australia Work Visa & Permits
Below is the list of all the Australian Work Visas, Work Permits, and a few other temporary Working Visa:
- Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa
- Skilled Independent Visa
- Skilled Nominated Visa
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
- Temporary Work Visa Australia (Short Stay Specialist)
- Temporary Work (International Relations) Visa
- Distinguished Talent Visa
Australia Work Visa Requirements
According to the Point system in Australia, below is classifying or prioritizing applicants for positions based on their characteristics. You should possess most of the following requirements for gaining more points. Here are the Australia Work Visa requirements for Indian citizens:
- Age Requirements: Candidates between 25 and 32 score the most points, while those above 45 do not gain any points.
- IELTS score for Australia Work Visa: Candidates with scores of IELTS test with a minimum of 8 bands – 20 Points
- Australian Study Permit: Must meet the Australian study requirements – 5 Points
- Professional Year: Completion of a professional year in the country – 5 Points
- Regional Study: Living and studying in regional Australia – 5 Points
- Community Language Skills: Interpreter/translator skills in one of the country’s communities languages – 5 Points
Cost of Working Visa Australia
Working visa Australia costs vary from time to time. The cost of a Working Visa Australia depends on the date the authorities receive your application. Following are the types of Australia Work Permit Visa fees in AUD and USD both.
|Types of Australia Work Permit Visa||Working Visa Australia Cost||Australia Work Visa Fees in Indian Rupees (On Current Basis)|
|Employer Nomination Scheme Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Skilled Independent Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Temporary Skill Shortage Visa||4,045 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa||4,045 AUD (225 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Temporary Work Visa Australia (Short Stay Specialist)||310 AUD (225 USD approx)||16,882|
|Temporary Work Visa Australia (International Relations)||310 AUD (2,947 USD approx)||16,882|
|Distinguished Talent Visa||4,110 AUD (2,994 USD approx)||2.2 lakhs|
|Temporary Skill Shortage Visa||Short Term Stream: 1,265 AUD (915 USD approx) Medium-Term Stream: 2,645 AUD (1,927 USD approx)||Short Term Stream: 68,900 approxMedium-Term Stream: 1.4 lakhs approx|
|Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa(Extended Stay Pathway)||360 AUD (262 USD approx)||19,608|
How to Apply for a Working Visa?
Here is a quick step-by-step guide that will help you to know about how to get a Working Visa in Australia:
Step 1: Determine the Work Visa category you are eligible for.
Step 2: Make sure you meet the Skillselect requirements to get a Working Visa.
Step 3: Make sure your employer completes an online nomination/sponsorship form before applying for the Visa you can use for.
Step 4: Complete the application form for the Visa category.
Step 5: Submit relevant information and additional documents with your application.
Step 6: Pay your application fee to process your Visa.
Requirements for Post Study Work Visa Australia
The Australian government launched the Skilled Migration General Program (Skillselect) in 2013 to replace the Australian Skilled Workers Visa. Skillselect was developed to assess applicants’ skills according to a point system to select immigrants with the right skills. Applicants receive points based on the following how to get a Working Visa Australia eligibility criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from an Australian university or at least bachelor qualification from another educational institution from a recognized board – 15 Points
- Diploma or trade qualification from an Australian university – 10 Points
- Master’s degree by research or PhD from an Australian university of at least 2 academic years – 5 Points
- Doctoral degree from an Australian university or another educational institution from a recognized board – 20 Points
- Attaining a qualification or award suitable for the occupation – 10 Points
Getting to Australia is relatively easy for people from rich countries. It would help if you still had visas, but they are almost a formality. While there is one part of the country that is doing quite well, many more are struggling.
The most common reason for the denial of your Visa is because the decision-maker believes that the visa applicant cannot comply with the issuance of the Visa that would allow the visitor to visit Australia and return to their country temporarily.
The top occupations currently in demand in Australia are Nurses and Medical Staff, Engineers, Teachers, Software Engineers, Construction Workers, Traders, etc.
It is apparently for 12 months. However, there are options to stay for two to three years on your working holiday if you complete regional or farm work specified by the Australian government.
We hope this blog has provided you with enough information about the Working Visa Australia. For working in Australia, getting an Australian academic degree abroad can further help to pave your way for extensive job opportunities. Reach out to our Leverage Edu experts on 1800572000, and we will guide you through every step from the admission process to study abroad Visa!