Bachelor of Sports Management
Bachelor of Sports Management (BSM) is a three-year undergraduate program for students interested in a career in sports… The post Bachelor of Sports Management appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Bachelor of Sports Management (BSM) is a three-year undergraduate program for students interested in a career in sports administration and management. The course covers a wide range of topics in sports management and administration, including event planning, funding, and other important aspects of the industry. This blog introduces the Bachelor of Sports Management and provides reliable information about the same.
|Full-form||Bachelor of Sports Management|
|Examination type||Offline and Semester Based|
|Eligibility||10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50-60%|
|Admission process||10+2 with 50-60% / CET|
|Average Salary||INR 2,00,000 – INR 9,00,000|
|Course Fee||INR 1,73,000 – INR 7,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Agencies||HCL, Hindustan Times, JCB, CSC India, Wipro, JCB, and others are among the companies represented.|
|Job Profiles||Management Trainee, Sports Nutritionist, Sales Manager, Sports Instructor, Sports Department Manager, Procurement Manager, Management Trainee, etc.|
About Bachelor of Sports Management
Admission to the bachelor of sports management program requires an intermediate degree in any field with a minimum aggregate of 50-60 per cent. Several colleges conduct entrance exams. This three-year curriculum is offered by several prestigious Indian universities, with an average course fee of INR 1,73,000 to INR 7,00,000. The three-year curriculum will prepare you for a successful career as a sports management, dietitian, sports trainer, or manager. In India, the typical sport management pay is between INR 2,00,000 and INR 9,00,000. Ethics in Sports, Contemporary Issues in Sports, Sports Training and Conditioning, Sports Marketing, and other disciplines are among the most frequent in the Bachelor of Sports Management curriculum.
Must Read: Sports Management Courses
Why Study Bachelor of Sports Management?
A degree in active sports and training is called a bachelor’s in sports management. Sports have become increasingly popular in India, resulting in a lucrative career that offers growth opportunities as well as a consistent and stable income.
- With a degree in sports management, candidates can have a successful career as coaches and trainers who can teach other candidates about sports training.
- Candidates are also capable of handling office administration and related tasks.
- Candidates can work as sports dieticians to advise athletes on proper nutrition.
- By actively disseminating knowledge about various sports and their cultural and economic effects on society, aspirants can also work as sports writers and consultants.
- Candidates may also pursue a career in journalism as a sports news reporter and broadcast news reports on significant sporting events.
- Candidates may also work as sports psychologists to research the effects of sports on athletes’ and sports managers’ mental health.
Relevant Read: MBA in Sports Management
Global blue-chip sports brands are more in need of highly trained employees than ever before to meet the demands of an ever-changing industry when you consider this and the growth of the sports industry in emerging regions like the UAE, Qatar, and Doha. To keep up with the most recent trends, which include sports analytics, governance, and the creation and management of digital content, those already employed in the sector must also learn new skills. Therefore, these are the top five skills that all sports management graduates must master, regardless of whether they work in marketing, event management, finance, or any other area of the athletic industry:
Syllabus for Bachelor of Sports Management
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Statistics – I||Statistics – II|
|Computer Applications– I||Computer Applications – II|
|Organization and Management in Sports||Contemporary Issues in Sports|
|Foundations of Amateur and Pro Sports||Ethics in Sports|
|–||Public Speaking on Assigned Topic|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Principles of Management||Financial Management– I|
|Business Communication||Advertising, Public Relations, and Sponsorship in Sports|
|Financial Accounting||Sports Facilities Planning, and Management|
|Sports Training and Conditioning||–|
|Leadership Principles in Sports||–|
|Managing Sports Events||–|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Basics of Sports Medicine and Nutrition||Sports Laws and Risk Management|
|Sports Marketing||Psychology of Sports|
|Managing and Promoting Sports Events||Managing Sports Organization|
|Spectator Management||Sports Media and Event Management|
|–||Administration of Games and Leisure Plex Funding in Sports|
Must Read: Career in Sports Journalism
Candidates interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Sports Management must meet the following requirements:
- To be considered, candidates must have a 10+2 degree in any discipline with a minimum aggregate of 50-60%.
- Candidates may also be required to pass several entrance examinations or personal interviews, depending on the college they choose.
- Candidates that regularly participate in sports may be given preference in the admissions process.
Here are some of the important documents that are required for international students seekings admission to the Bachelor in Sports Management:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Ryerson supplementary form
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- SAT Score is recommended
- Audition tape
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport
- Bank Statements
Relevant Read: How to Become A Sports Lawyer?
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 in any discipline with a minimum score of 50-60 per cent can apply for this program.
- To offer admission, some colleges and universities may conduct entrance examinations.
- The admission process for Indian universities varies greatly. For universities abroad, the following process is followed:
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees
Entrance Exams for Bachelor in Sports Management
Colleges use front exams to assess a student’s eligibility for admission to this programme. The following is a list of some of the admission exams for this programme:
- Common University Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE)
- Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE)
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEE)
- Sports Management Admission Test (SMAT),
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT),
- All India Management Association Undergraduate Admission Test (AIMA UGAT), and
- Delhi University Common Entrance Test (DU CET).
Here is a list of top universities both in India and Abroad which offers Bachelor of Sports Management. Check them out!
|QS Ranking||Name of University||Location|
|=256||Loughborough University||Loughborough, United Kingdom|
|=50||The University of Queensland||Brisbane, Australia|
|41||The University of Sydney||Sydney, Australia|
|47||University of British Columbia||Vancouver, Canada|
|=34||University of Toronto||Toronto, Canada|
|266||Deakin University||Geelong, Australia|
|33||The University of Melbourne||Melbourne, Australia|
|=179||University of Bath||Bath, United Kingdom|
|110||University of Alberta||Edmonton, Canada|
|188||University of Florida||Gainesville, United States|
Source: QS World University Rankings: Business Masters Rankings 2023.
|NIRF Ranking||Name of University||Location|
|02||Ironwood Sports Management Global Academy, Mumbai||India|
|03||MIT University, Shillong.||India|
|04||IGIPESS New Delhi||India|
Must Read: Pursue Sports Management in UK
Top Books to Study for a Bachelor of Sports Management
Following are some of the books which would assist you in your journey of studying for a Bachelor of Sports Management:
- The Game
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game
- Imperfect: An Improbable Life
- When Pride Still Mattered: The Life of Vince Lombardi
- Wooden: A Coach’s Life
Job Profiles and Salary
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Sports Department Manager||These individuals work in the administration of sports departments, which typically entails dealing with athletes and their needs on a day-to-day basis.||INR 4,00,000 – INR 6,00,000|
|Sports Instructor||Sports Instructors are physical therapists and educators who are hired by an institution to teach players about physical treatment and education.||INR 2,00,000 – INR 4,00,000|
|Sports Nutritionist||Sports nutritionists are in charge of keeping track of an athlete’s meal intake and promoting healthy eating habits in order to develop a strong physique and mind.||INR 2,00,000 – 5,00,000|
|Sports News Reporter||Sports news reporters work in journalism and news outlets, assisting in the broadcasting of news broadcasts concerning sporting events.||INR 2,00,000 – INR 7,00,000|
|Athletic Administrator||Athletic administrators are individuals that organize training and development sessions for athletes in order to prepare them for upcoming sports tournaments and contests.||INR 2,00,000 – INR 6,00,000|
Must Read: The Career Path to Become a Sports Manager
In India, professional sports managers are sought by 52 official national sports federations and governing organizations. In the sphere of sports, marketing and branding have a lot of potentials- sports marketing managers and sponsorship managers are in high demand. Sports are becoming a big part of people’s lives nowadays. This is because of the increasing emphasis people are giving to their physical and mental health. There are a number of job opportunities that are being created in the field of sports management every day.
- To further develop their skills and experience in sports management, candidates can pursue doctoral and MBA programmes. They can look for work in the same field as teachers as well.
- Candidates can work as managers of sports departments or as officials who support and develop athletes.
- Candidates may also work as officers and administrators who oversee the finances and accounts of training facilities and sports organisations.
- Journalists or writers who prepare reports and assist in broadcasting significant sporting events are good choices for aspirants who want to pursue careers in journalism.
- Candidates can work as nutritionists and dieticians who promote healthy eating and lifestyle choices for the benefit of athletes’ minds and bodies.
There are no official entry tests for the course programme; nevertheless, some colleges may hold their own entrance tests, depending on the colleges.
Sports administrators are individuals who handle the administrative aspects of sports and its management.
Students can further their knowledge and expertise in this field by pursuing an MBA in sports management or a doctorate in this field.
If you are interested in applying for a Bachelor of Sports Management, you can take help from experts at Leverage Edu to help you understand the application procedure at top Universities. The experts will guide you through the application procedure and help you to gain admission in your