Best Scholarships in Asia for Indian Students
The universities in Asia are certainly growing as the most sought-after institutions with quality education at lower rates.… The post Best Scholarships in Asia for Indian Students appeared first on Leverage Edu.
The universities in Asia are certainly growing as the most sought-after institutions with quality education at lower rates. They also happen to provide excellent scholarship schemes to international students. Students can avail the benefits of these scholarships after checking their eligibility. Listed below are the best scholarships in Asia for indian students.
Scholarships in Japan
Popularly known as the land of martial arts and culture,Japan is a popular destination for pursuing higher education abroad. The best combination of knowledge, skills, and quality education. Japan welcomes more than 5 million students every year from corners of the world. To provide financial aid. It also provides various scholarships to its international students. Check out the best scholarships in Asia for Indian students by Japanese universities:
- ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
- Aichi Scholarship Program for Asian Students in Japan
- Women In Finance Scholarship
- EIT International Excellence Scholarship
- Keio University “Design the Future” Award for International Students
- Otsuka Toshimi Scholarship Foundation
- University of Tokyo Masters and Ph.D. Scholarships
- Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. Scholarships
University of Tokyo Masters and Ph.D. Scholarships
Another renowned scholarship among the best scholarships in Asia is the University of Tokyo scheme. This scholarship provides funds by the MEXT University Recommendation Scholarship in Japan For Masters & Ph.D. The Duration of the Masters and Doctoral Scholarship is 2 years and 3 years respectively. The scholarship provides 144,000 Yen/Month for a Master’s Program and 145,000 Yen/Month for a Doctoral Program.
- International students from any country who have diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Applicants should not be over 35 years old.
- Candidates must apply for a field that they have studied earlier or a similar field.
- The English proficiency scores for TOEFL must be 72 or above, and IELTS 5.5 or above.
(Note: The last date to apply for the University of Tokyo Scholarship in Japan 2021 Scholarship is 30th October 2020 for the September 2021 enrollment.)
Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. Scholarships
The Rotary Yoneyama Foundation offers one of the best scholarships in Asia. It is funded by Rotarians in Japan, this scholarship is granted to students who want to study or conduct research in Japanese universities. Candidates must first apply for the universities in which they wish to enroll in and then apply for the scholarship. Students are provided a supplemental of 400,000 yen (INR 2,81,843) as soon as students arrive in Japan only for the first year of the scholarship.
- Applicants must have already chosen the university or graduate school they will apply for and must be in the process of admission.
- Applicants must submit their letter of acceptance (an admission approval or a pre-arrival admission approval).
- Applicants are also expected to have basic Japanese language proficiency: JLPT N4 level.
Scholarships in Turkey
Don’t want to study in USA, UK? There are immense opportunities for you in Turkey. From a variety of courses to choose from, Turkey is an excellent choice to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate, or doctoral studies. Turkey has more than 170 colleges offering the best in class education. To help the international students. Turkey also offers various scholarships. Check out the best scholarships in Asia for Indian students by Turkish universities:
- Turkey Scholarship for Undergraduate Programs
- Turkey Scholarship for Postgraduate Programs (MS/PhD)
- Turkey Success Scholarship Program
Turkey Scholarship for Undergraduate Programs
The scholarships can be availed by the international students enrolled in the field of economic, engineering, social sciences, arts and humanities. It is only valid for the undergraduate programs in the tukrish universities. Here are the things included in this scholarship:
- 700 TL monthly stipend
- Exempted from Tuition fee
- 1-year duration language course in Turkish
- Health Insurance
- On-campus accommodation
- Placement opportunities on the program completion
- Return flight ticket
Türkiye Government Masters and Doctorate Degrees Scholarships
This scholarship is given to students who wish to pursue programs at the bachelor’s, masters, and doctoral levels in Turkey’s top universities. The scholarship covers university and program placements, monthly allowance (Bachelor: 800 TL/ month; Masters: 1,100 TL /month; Ph.D.: 1,600 TL/ month), tuition fee, flight ticket, health insurance, accommodation, and one year Turkish Language Course.
- For Bachelors: Applicants must have a minimum academic achievement of 70% and must be 21 years of age or below.
- For Master’s and Doctorate: Applicants must have a minimum academic achievement of 75% and must be 30 years of age for Master’s or below and 35 years or below for doctorate.
- For Health Sciences: Applicants must have a minimum academic achievement of 90%.
(Note: The annual deadline for the applications is 20 February. The dates may vary due to the pandemic.)
Scholarships in China
China is among the largest economies in the world. The Chinese education system is considered one of the best offering different courses. Students from across the world are eager to learn and start their journey in the top Chinese universities. There are many scholarships for international students in China, some are university-specific and some are offered by the government. Look at the best scholarships in Asia for Indian students offered by chinese universities:
- CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Program
- Chinese Scholarships-Great Wall Program
- USTC Scholarship Program
CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Program
This scholarships is only for doctoral or PhD students enrolled in the universities in China. Indian students can apply for this scholarship on the official website. Application will be submitted online only. The scholarship is valid for 12 months only. Fields of streams that are eligible for this scholarships are mentioned below:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Scholarships in Thailand
Situated in Southeast Asia, Thailand is an exotic destination for travel and study abroad as well. Not many students are aware but Thailand universities offer courses in different fields. From engineering to vocational courses you can find everything. There are also plenty of scholarship opportunities available for international students. Some of the best scholarships in Asia for Indian students are offered in Thailand. Here is the list of scholarships:
- International Graduate Scholarships, Thammasat University
- MobilitySeeker Outdoor Sports Scholarship 2020
- IELTS Test Fee Scholarship
- DNP Foundation for Culture Promotion Graphic Culture Research Grant 2020
- Education Fund International Scholarship 2021
- Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP)
- Bayer Science and Education Foundation International fellowships
- Keith and Dorothy Mackay Postgraduate Traveling Scholarship 2020
Thailand International postgraduate program (TIPP)
Offered by Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Thailand International postgraduate program is one of the most prestigious government funded scholarships that is available for international students. The scholarship is open for the students of all nationalities and covers each and every educational expense that student may bear for pursuing a postgraduate degree. Along with this, it also incorporates separate charges for airfare and provides monthly stipend to the selected candidates.
Education Fund International scholarship 2021
Offered by the Education Future Group, this scholarship is open to students aiming to study bachelors or masters studies in Thailand. Open to all the Indian nationals, Education fund International scholarship only covers partial funding of your chosen program. The selected students can avail financial help between INR 2- 10 Lakhs for the program of their choice.
Scholarships in Korea
What’s the best part of pursuing higher education in Korea? South Korean education system offers practical learning and not just focused on theoretical knowledge. To attract more international students, korean universities offers various scholarships programs for different courses. The scholarships covers airfare, monthly allowance, tuition fees and much more. Here is the list of best scholarships in Asia you can enjoy in korean universities:
- The Undergraduate Korean Government Scholarship
- Seoul National University for graduates and undergraduates
- Yonsei University for Undergraduate program
- Korea University for Graduate and undergraduate program
- KAIST for Undergraduate and graduate
- Hanyang University
- Kung Hee University
- Hankuk University for Foreign Studies
- Sogang University
- Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
- Inha University
Scholarships in Hong Kong
Looking for a reason to study in Hong Kong? Well, here is the no. 1 reason. Hong Kong is home to the best universities in Asia. Hong Kong has emerged as one of the popular study destinations. It has seen an increase in the number of students every year. To help students financially, various scholarships programs are launched. Here are some of the best scholarships in Asia for Indian students by the hong kong universities:
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
- Hong Kong Baptist University Full Scholarships
Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme
In 2009, this scholarship was founded by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong and is one of the best scholarships in Asia. It seeks to attract students with the best potential and bright minds who wish to pursue their Ph.D. in Hong Kong’s institutions. 300 Ph.D. Fellowships are granted for the academic year 2021/2022 to candidates who need more than 3 years to complete their Ph.D. degree.
Eligibility: Apart from academic excellence, the following points will be considered while shortlisting students for the scholarship.
- Research expertise
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership abilities
The following universities provide the fellowship scheme for eligible students:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
(Note: Applications must be submitted through the Hong Kong Phd. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System before 1 December 2020)
Scholarships in Singapore
Are you looking to study abroad on a budget? Singapore is a perfect place for you. The cost of living and studies is comparatively low as compared to other countries. However, the quality of education is not compromised. The added advantage is that it offers various scholarships to international students. Here is the list of best scholarships in Asia for Indian students you should not miss!
- Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships At National University Of Singapore (NUS)
- INSEAD-Syngenta MBA Scholarships For Developing Country Leaders
- Singapore International Graduate Award
- Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship From NUS
- Singapore Millennium Foundation Scholarship
- Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award
- GIIS Singapore Global Citizen Scholarship
- SIA Youth Scholarship
- President’s Graduate Fellowship
- Amity Global Institute Merit Scholarship
Also Read: Study Abroad Scholarships
Other Best Scholarships in Asia for Indian Students
The list of scholarships does not end here. Here are some of the more scholarships for you in different countries such as Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc. Check out the whole list of best scholarships in Asia for Indian Students:
Government of Malaysia International Scholarships (Mis)
The scholarship was an initiative to incline the brightest brains around the world for advanced academic studies. The scholarship covers the expenses of the following:
- Airline tickets from the candidate’s city to Malaysia.
- Tuition fees.
- Monthly maintenance grants.
- Yearly funds for books and travel.
- Medical / Health Insurance.
- Installation and Termination grant.
Apart from excellent communication skills and research potential, the eligibility criteria for students who wish to enroll for the scholarship are:
- Minimum CGPA of 3.5/4.0 in previous academic studies.
- IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- TOEFL score of at least 92.
- Satisfactory health condition certified by a Doctor/Medical Professional.
(Note: Application is currently closed)
Singapore: Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (fully-funded)
Another benefiting scholarship among the best scholarships in Asia is the fully funded Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship. This is a competitive program to encourage excellent students to take their first step towards a promising research career at Asia’s leading research university- Nanyang Technological University (NTU). 30 students are granted funds for 4 years and the successful candidates are known as Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholars. The Ph.D. research topics will be decided between the student and their chosen NTU supervisor among the research activities of NTU. The fellowship covers the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly allowance of $3,000
- Conference allowance up to S$4,000/ year.
- One-time IT allowance of $1500
- An annual grant of $500 ( journal subscription or book purchase)
- Thesis preparation allowance
- Subsidized campus accommodation is given priority.
Eligibility: The scholarship is open to all international students and applicants must possess an outstanding academic record in the Honours degree or an equivalent at Bachelor’s level.
Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarship
The Government of Sri Lanka provides grants through this program that supports underprivileged students who have passed with satisfactory grades and want to apply for any degree course. Students are granted various benefits like educational expenses, living allowance, and accommodation fees.
- Only students from low-income families are granted this scholarship who possess distinction marks in the General Certificate of Education exam (G.C.E).
- Students must have basic English proficiency.
- Applicants must be from a Government school or a fee-exempted private school.
Those were some of the best scholarships in Asia. If you further need assistance in applying for any of these scholarships, then Leverage Edu experts are just a call away! Book a free counselling session via call or online registration!