Career as an Automotive Designer
According to Statista, the global automotive industry will likely grow to 9 trillion U.S. dollars by 2030! This… The post Career as an Automotive Designer appeared first on Leverage Edu.
According to Statista, the global automotive industry will likely grow to 9 trillion U.S. dollars by 2030! This industry is a huge job generator and employs millions of people from sales to design. One of the highest paying jobs in this sector is- Automotive Designer. An Automotive Designer makes vehicles that are practical and aesthetically appealing to the audience. Automotive designers are highly skilled professionals that can earn up to 6- 7 lakhs monthly!
Must Read: How to Become a Product Designer?
What is Automotive Design?
Automotive Design is a process of combining aerodynamics, aesthetics, and ergonomics to create or design automobiles whilst also incorporating safety regulations. An Automotive Designer is responsible for making drafts of the physical appearance of automobiles (interior and exterior) which includes exterior design detailing like shapes, curves, wedges, etc. The automobile design should not only be practical but also should meet the comfort requirements of the people.
Also Read: How to Become a UI/UX Designer?
Who is an Automotive Designer?
Automotive Designers are artistic individuals who are in charge of the aesthetics of automobiles like cars, trucks, jeeps, etc. They conduct surveys and consultations with supervisors and managers to produce a design and safety plan for every vehicle. Automotive designers begin their designing process with a great deal of research. They are responsible for the cost of production, the timeframe of completion, vehicle type and use, and finalizing the draft of the design. They create the final design using computer-aided technology and AI tech.
Skills Required by an Automotive Designer
- Must be passionate about cars
- Must have design skills (2D and 3D)
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Business insights
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Interest in trends automobile designs
- Up-to-date about latest designing softwares
- Candidates must complete their 10+2 level of education from a recognised board and must have a background in science and mathematics.
- For PG courses, the candidate must get a bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering or industrial and transportation design.
- Universities abroad require English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge English. Some universities may require students to submit scores for GRE for postgraduate courses.
Top Courses for Automotive Designer
Automotive Designing courses are available at both bachelor’s and master’s levels for students who are enthusiastic about learning aerodynamics and automotive engineering. Students can opt for a diploma and certificate course to strengthen your technical and design skills. Let’s look at some undergraduate and postgraduate courses to become an Automotive Designer:
- Bachelor in Automotive Engineering
- Bachelor in Vehicle Engineering
- Bachelor in Automotive Performance Engineering
- Bachelor in Automotive and Transport Design
- Bachelor in Automotive Design
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive)
Also Read: Automotive Courses
- Masters in Automotive Computing and Communication
- Masters in Vehicle Engineering
- Masters in Automation Engineering
- Masters in Automotive and Motorsport Engineering
Must Read: Car Designing Courses
Top Universities in the World
- California Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of Bath
- University of Glasgow
- University of Birmingham
- University of Michigan- Dearborn
- Cypress College
- Cranfield University
- McMaster University
- RMIT University
- University of Southampton
- Coventry University
- University of Pavia
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Solent University
- University of Deusto
- Southern Utah University
- University of Surrey
Also Read: Automotive Engineering Colleges
Top Colleges for Automotive Designing Courses in India
- IIT Bombay
- Dhanvantari Institute of Design and Technology
- Indian Institution of Information, Technology Design and Manufacturing
- National Institute of Design
- K.R. Mangalam University
- Strate School of Design
- Industrial Design Centre
The market for automobiles is seeing an all-time rise, from production to buyers. Automobile designers and engineers get hired by a number of companies involved in automobiles, IT firms, production firms, marine transports, architectural firms, and many more.
Top Recruiting Companies
- ABC Consultants
- Volkswagen Group
- Daimler, Germany
- Morgan Tec
- Psa, France
- Suzuki, Japan
- Black Turtle
- BMW, Germany
- Fiat and many more
Job Profiles and Salary of Automobile Designers
|Automotive Designer||$61k-$100k INR(44L-73L)|
|Automotive Engineer||$61k-$87k INR(44L-64L)|
|Product Designer||$56k-$98k INR(41L-72L)|
|Production Engineer||$56k-$78k INR(41L-57L)|
|Marine Engineer||$62k-$98k INR(45L-72L)|
Related Read: Automobile Engineering in Germany
Want to know more about your career as an Automotive Designer then call us on 1800 572 000 and get a free 30-minute counseling session with our Leverage Edu expert!