Construction Management in Canada
Construction Management is the process of supervising, planning, designing and managing a construction project. These projects include a… The post Construction Management in Canada appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Construction Management is the process of supervising, planning, designing and managing a construction project. These projects include a variety of fields such as agricultural, residential, commercial, institutional, etc. There is a wide range of courses offered in this field such as undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Construction Management. As a specialised field of Management, Construction Management deals with handling managerial responsibilities on a construction site. As an emerging study abroad destination for courses in management, Canada offers plentiful programs in Construction Management that focus on equipping students with the required managerial skills and industry exposure. If you are thinking of pursuing Construction Management in Canada, this blog will guide you through all the essential information including the best programs and business schools in the country along with the merits of choosing Canada for studying this field.
Why Study Construction Management in Canada?
Canada is a budding education hub that attracts a huge number of international students every year. It is one of the most student-friendly countries when it comes to immigration policies for international students. Here are the major reasons that will convince you to select Canada for studying a course in Construction Management:
- Canada has one of the best management universities in the world. Most of the Canadian universities offer wide-ranging diploma, certificate and postgraduate courses in Construction Management.
- The country allows foreign students to work while studying and do not require a separate work visa.
- Canada has a student-friendly visa policy along with a simple, hassle-free procedure for those applying for a student visa.
- The tuition fee is cost-effective and is fairly less expensive compared to other countries like the UK and the US.
About Construction Mangement in Canada
The country majorly offers postgraduate degree and MBA degree programs offered in Construction Management. Some Canadian universities also provide short-term courses like postgraduate diplomas and certificate courses in Construction Management. A program in this field is comprised of a multidisciplinary approach to familiarise students with specific topics such as development, legal framework, statutory requirements, financial requirements, technical aspects etc. A course in Construction Management prepares students for professional responsibilities that will make you efficient in handling and planning large construction projects and various other aspects such as finance, logistics etc.
There are simplified eligibility requirements for pursuing a program in Construction Management in Canada. Every university has different eligibility requirements based on the course type and other factors. Here are some of the basic eligibility for Construction Management in Canada :
- For bachelor degree, student should have 10+2 with minimum 50%
- For postgradute degree, students must have bachelor’s degree in the related field
- GRE or GMAT score (if required by the university)
- TOEFL score: Above 80; IELTS score: Above 7.0
Top Colleges for Construction Management in Canada
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked colleges offering construction management in Canada? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
- George Brown College
- St. Clair College
- Seneca College
- Centennial College
- Fanshawe College
- Canadore College
- Conestoga College
- Lambton College
- Humber College
- Sheridan College
- George Brown College– One of the well-reputed colleges in Canada, George Brown College avails a variety of courses in Construction Management varying from a diploma to an MBA. The college is renowned for its specialized programs and tailored services for international students. George Brown College comprises of four campuses and is known for its student-friendly environment and industry-oriented degree programs.
- St. Clair College– Established in 1966, St. Clair College is recognized by the Ontario Association of Technicians and Technologists. It has been ranked consistently as one of the leading Ontario colleges. The college provides several specialised diploma programs in Construction Management and Project Management.
- Seneca College– Seneca College is hailed as one of the largest colleges in Canada with more than 100,000 students. It is located in Toronto and offers numerous courses in Project Management and Construction Management that are created with a unique amalgamation of theoretical and industry exposure.
Cost of Study and Living
The average cost of an undergraduate construction management degree will be INR 14 lakhs- 25 lakhs and for postgraduate courses INR 15- 30 lakhs. The cost can vary depending upon the university, curriculum and other factors. The cost of living in Canada also varies depending on the place you live. If you are studying in Alberta your cost of living will be cheaper as compared to Ontario. Here is the general overview of the cost of living in Canada:
The application process remains the same for all intakes in Canada. Here is the step-by-step application process for construction management in Canada:
- Visit the official website of the university you are interested in.
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements.
- Click on the application form of the respective university.
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification.
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee.
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking.
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities.
- Transcripts of your previous courses
- IELTS/TOFEL/PTE Scores
- Photocopy of your passport
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
There are various scholarships available for international students planning to study in Canada. Here are some of the popular scholarships for construction management in Canada:
- Kim Rowe Memorial Award by Fanshawe College
- British Columbia Graduate Scholarship by University of Britsh Columbia
- Entrance Excellence Scholarship by Conestoga College
- CAEL Scholarships by St. Clair College
Job Profiles & Salary
A program in Construction Management is industry-oriented and aims to prepare students for wide-ranging managerial careers. Below we have listed down the multifarious career opportunities you can discover after completing a course in Construction Management:
|Job Profiles||Salary in CAD/INR p.a.|
|Construction Manager||CAD 92752/ INR5637337|
|Project Manager||CAD 82801/ INR 5032529|
|Building Control Surveyor||CAD 65448/ INR 3977838|
|Site Engineer||CAD 67443/ INR 4099091|
|Sustainability Consultant||CAD 64627/ INR 3927939|
Scope of Construction Management in Canada
A branch of civil engineering, construction management has wider scope in Canada and abroad. The construction sector is one of the major contributors to Canada’s economy. It offers a variety of high-paying jobs in Canada such as constructor manager, project manager, site engineer and much more. One of the benefits of pursuing construction management in Canada is that degree are recognized worldwide which open array of opportunities for you. Construction management in Canada not only offers theoretical knowledge but also give a chance to gain industry exposure, practical skills etc. On average, after completing construction management in Canada you can earn between INR 20 lakhs-30 lakhs per annum.
University of British Columbia offers courses in construction management in Canada.
A construction manager can earn INR 20- 30 lakhs per annum in Canada.
Here are some of the skills that will help you become a construction manager
You don’t have to be an expert in mathematics but should have the basic knowledge.
Thus, opting to study Construction Management in Canada is a decision that will take you deeper into this field bringing you an immense number of career prospects. Leverage Edu mentors can assist you in choosing an ideal course at a leading Canadian university to kickstart your career in the field of Construction Management.