Cost of Studying MBBS in Russia
Among the many countries that provide Medical degrees, Russia is among the chosen countries for medical due to… The post Cost of Studying MBBS in Russia appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Among the many countries that provide Medical degrees, Russia is among the chosen countries for medical due to its cost-effective education system. MBBS in Russia is reputed by MCI and WHO which also recognises universities and highly subsidised fees. This makes MBBS more affordable for students as compared to other western countries. Read through the blog to know more about the details regarding the cost of studying MBBS in Russia.
Table of contents
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Russia
Many international students prefer to complete their MBBS degree in some of the most prestigious medical universities in Russia. Some of the top benefits of studying MBBS in Russia include the following:
- MBBS Students in Russia get the opportunity to learn via some of the best state-of-the-art technology and advanced teaching methods that are renowned across the world.
- There are no entrance exams to enter Russian MBBS Universities. They also do not require SAT or IELTS scores for admission.
- There are around 57 medical universities in Russia, wherein the student to teacher ratio is 7: 1. This allows for more personalised teaching and attention.
- All the universities of Russia are recognised by the WHO and the medical council of leading countries such as the USA, UK and India. Hence Russian MBBS degree is recognised across the globe.
- The fees for pursuing MBBS in Russia are highly subsidized by the Russian Ministry of Health and Education.
- International Students also get the choice to study in both Russian and English mediums.
- The tuition fees and hostel facilities are affordable to international students. The hostels have modern amenities and essential facilities.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for pursuing your MBBS in Russia are not very lengthy and demanding. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidate should pass their 10 + 2 in the science stream in the subjects of physics, chemistry, biology and English.
- The candidate should attain an aggregate of 50 % in PCB subjects.
- The Candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December.
- Indian Students are required to give NEET to pursue MBBS or BDS degree in Russia.
Also Read: MBBS Without NEET in Abroad
Cost of Studying MBBS in Russia
One of the most appealing things about studying MBBS in Russia for international students is its highly subsidised fees. Since many Russian medical universities are aided by the Russian government, the fees are subsidised for the benefit of the international students, by the Russian Ministry of Health and Education.
Fees Structure for Studying MBBS in Russia
The duration for completing an MBBS degree in Russia is around 6 years ( in English medium). The fees structure for studying MBBS in Russia is divided as follows:
|Annual Fees ( Per Semester)||Ranges between INR 2 Lakhs to INR 6.5 Lakhs.|
|Hostel Fees||Ranges between INR 20,000 to INR 1.5 Lakhs.|
|Total Fees||Ranges between INR 16 Lakhs to 30 Lakhs.|
|Additional Costs||Ranges between INR 30,000 to INR 50,000.|
Check out the Scholarship for MBBS Students
We have also tabulated a table that contains the cost of additional expenses which students may incur while pursuing their MBBS in Russia:
|Accommodation other than university given hostels||INR 10,000 – 15,000|
|Food||INR 5,500 – 7,500|
|Transportation||INR 750 – 1000|
|Shopping ( Clothes )||INR 2000 – 3000|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||INR 5000 – 5500|
It is important to note that the cost of the additional expenses may vary depending on the student’s lifestyle and habits.
Top Medical Universities in Russia: Fees Structure
Tabulated below is a list of top medical universities of Russia and their fees structure for pursuing MBBS. Students must note that the tuition fees of the university may fluctuate or vary. The list states the tuition fees per year, the hostel fees along with the annual fee.
|Name of the University||Tuition Fees (Per Year)||Hostel Fees (Per Year)||Annual Fees|
|First Moscow State Medical University||INR 7,00,000||INR 1,26,000||INR 8,26,000|
|Bashkir State Medical University||INR 2,45,000||INR 70,000||INR 3,15,000|
|Saint Petersburg State Medical University||INR 3,85,000||INR 1,12,000||INR 4,97,000|
|Kazan State Medical University||INR 4,37,500||INR 84000||INR 5,21,500|
|Crimean Federal Medical University||INR 2,59,000||INR 77,000||INR 3,36,000|
|Perm State Medical University||INR 3,15,000||INR 70,000||INR 3,85,000|
|Tver State Medical University||INR 4,48,000||INR 24,500||INR 4,72,500|
|Peoples Friendship University||INR 4,90,000||INR 84,000||INR 5,74,000|
|Orenburg State Medical University||INR 4,20,000||INR 84,000||INR 5,04,000|
|Mari State University||INR 3,15,000||INR 21,000||INR 3,36,000|
|Volgograd State Medical University||INR 4,13,000||INR 35,000||INR 4,48,000|
|Dagestan State Medical University||INR 2,80,000||INR 28,000||INR 3,08,000|
|Kursk State Medical University||INR 4,58,500||INR 77,000||INR 5,35,500|
|Lomonosov Moscow State University||INR 3,67,250||INR 92,000||INR 4,59,250|
|Smolensk State Medical University||INR 3,85,000||INR 40,000||INR 4,25,000|
|Kuban State Medical University||INR 3,15,000||INR 25,100||INR 3,40,100|
|Altai State Medical University||INR 3,01,000||INR 21,000||INR 3,22,000|
Check out the Best MBBS Colleges in the World!
MBBS in Russia is very cost-efficient. The average cost of studying MBBS in Russia is around 4000 USD per year. That roughly translates to 2,75,000 Rupees for a course that is 6 years long. Along with that, the students need not pay any capitalisation fee. Additionally, there are numerous scholarships that are available for studying MBBS in Russia.
Typically, the annual fees structure to pursue MBBS in Russia may include Tuition Fees, Hotel Fees, Medical Check-ups, Health Insurance, Visa Extension costs, and other necessary costs which may vary from university to university.
Some of the cheapest Medical colleges in Russia include Altai State Medical University, Orel State Medical University, Bashkir State Medical University.
Hope this blog helped you through the various details about the cost of studying MBBS in Russia. Depending on your budget and financial needs, you can select the best MBBS colleges as per your needs. Furthermore, if you’re planning to pursue a career in the medical field or MBBS in Russia, you can always reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu for more details and information.