Country-Wise Quarantine Rules for Indian Students
Ever since Covid-19, traveling abroad has become difficult with travel bans from countries around the world. However, as… The post Country-Wise Quarantine Rules for Indian Students appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Ever since Covid-19, traveling abroad has become difficult with travel bans from countries around the world. However, as the situation improves, more and more Indian students are ready to pursue their study abroad aspirations. As per the Ministry of External Affairs, this year, more than 71,000 Indian students have gone to study abroad. But in order to maintain educational quality and control the pandemic, different countries have mandated certain rules. If you are planning to study abroad this year, here are the country-wise quarantine rules you must know.
Check Out: Best Countries to Study Abroad Amid Covid-19
Quarantine Rules in Canada
Air Canada has received approval from the Canadian Transportation Agency to operate additional 3 weekly flights between Toronto and Delhi from 15 October 2021 to 26 March 2022. The increase in direct flights between two countries is great news for international students and working professionals because it has reduced the cost of travel and quarantine.
- You need to obtain a negative Covid-19 molecular test from a third country before continuing your journey to Canada. You can choose the connecting country to take your Covid-19 test.
- If you have been tested positive for Covid-19 in the past, you need to provide a positive Covid-19 molecular test conducted between 18-140 days prior to your departure. This proof should also be obtained from a third country so you might need to seek entry and stay in the third country for at least 14 days.
- If you test positive during your transit, you will be either quarantined in the third country or sent back to your point of departure.
- If you are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 with Covishield/ Pfizer/ Moderna/ Janssen vaccine, you will be exempted from quarantine and day-8 testing requirements.
Also Read: Study in Canada for Indian Students
Quarantine Rules in the UK
The United Kingdom has also suspended all regularly scheduled international flights. However, under an agreement between the UK and India, a limited number of flights will be operating between the two countries.
New Rules for Traveling to UK Post- October 11
The Travel Traffic Light system has been scrapped and replaced with a single red list to ease travel to the United Kingdom. Currently, there are only 7 countries on the red watchlist for the UK – Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Panama, Peru, and Venezuela.
Here are the new rules and UK eased travel restrictions for India post-October 11:
- Vaccinated Travellers: Fully vaccinated passengers above the age of 18 returning from countries administer a day 2 test after arriving. They do not have to self-isolate themselves for 10 days or take COVID tests at their expense.
- Partially or Non Vaccinated Travellers: Other passengers who are not fully vaccinated with an authorized vaccine returning from a non-red destination must still take a pre-departure test, a day 2 and day 8 test, and complete 10 days self-isolation (with the option of Test to Release on day 5).
New Rules for Travel Post 4th October to UK
- From 4th October, fully vaccinated travelers won’t need a pre-departure test before arrival if they are arriving from a non-red listed country. The requirement for a day 2 PCR test is set to be dropped in England and Scotland only. However, if you are going to Northern Ireland or Wales, you must submit for the 2-day covid test.
- Fully vaccinated individuals have to take an 8-day covid list after arriving in the country. The day of arrival is determined as day 0.
- Unvaccinated travelers coming from a non-red listed country to the UK must take a pre-departure test, followed by day 2, and 8 tests, and are required to quarantine at home. They are can a test on day 5 to reduce the time of self-isolation.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated people traveling from a red-listed country have to submit a pre-departure test [taken within 72 hours], undergo a hotel quarantine for 10 days, and take the periodic covid tests on day 2 or 8 test.
Quarantine Rules for UK
- In order to enter the country, partially vaccinated students need to hold a negative Covid-19 test report that is taken earliest 3 days before the departure date. While fully vaccinated students are no longer required to quarantine in the country post October 11.
- Secondly, if you are a partially vaccinated student then you need to book a quarantine hotel package including 2 covid-19 tests
- You must also fill a ‘Passenger Locator Form’ before you arrive in the UK. It can be done anytime in the 48 hours before you enter the country.
- After you arrive in England, you must take a Covid-19 test on or before day 2 of your arrival. Here, arrival day is considered as Day-0.
- If you are fully vaccinated by the UK approved vaccines, i.e. Covishield, you do not have to quarantine.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you must quarantine at home or in the place where you are staying for 10 days.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you must also take the second Covid-19 test on or after Day-8.
- If you wish to skip quarantine, you need to go through a private Covid-19 Test to Release. Under this, you can choose to get checked for Covid-19 on Day-5. If the result is negative, you can end your quarantine. This scheme is voluntary and only valid for those who are staying in England.
Quarantine Rules in the USA
The USA government has made temporary changes to the F-1 and J-1 regulations for students travelling to the country. Students with valid F-1 or J-1 visas are allowed to begin or continue their studies in the country starting from August 1, 2021.
- Before entering the USA, students must be fully vaccinated and must complete their vaccination attestation.
- You must enrol in Husky Coronavirus Testing and activate WA-Exposure Notification on your mobile devices.
- You must monitor your health for at least 14 days after entering the USA.
- You must get a Covid-19 negative test result within 72 hours of entering the school campus, irrespective of vaccination status.
- If you test positive for Covid-19 or become ill within 10 days of arrival, you must self isolate, for at least 10 days, irrespective of symptoms.
Also Read: Top Universities in USA for Higher Education
Quarantine Rules in Australia
The Australian Government has been maintaining rules to ensure that Covid-19 impact the education of international students. It recently announced an array of student visa measures to support international students. Presently, there is a ban on travel in Australia. So, you need to follow the country-wise quarantine rules whenever you aim to enter the country.
- You must take a Rapid-Antigen test prior to boarding a flight to Australia.
- When you arrive in Australia, you must quarantine for 14 days at designated facilities in your port of arrival.
- Your vaccination status will not change the quarantine requirements.
- You must pay for the cost of your quarantine.
Also Read: Why Study in Australia?
Quarantine Guidelines in Germany
Germany has always been one of the popular study abroad destinations but due to the pandemic, reaching the country has become rather difficult. Non-residents are only allowed to enter Germany if they play an important role or have any urgent requirement of travel.
- In order to enter the country, you must provide a negative test result, a vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate not more than 48 hours prior to travel.
- If you are vaccinated with CoviShield, you must ensure that your vaccination certificate contains your date of birth or your passport number. Reference to Aadhar Number is not sufficient.
- After reaching Germany, you must directly reach your final place of residence/ stay and immediately undergo a quarantine of 10 days.
- The quarantine period can be ended on the basis of a negative test report carried out no earlier than five days after entry.
- If you have been vaccinated and recovered from an infection, quarantine ends immediately after submitting proof of vaccination or proof of recovery.
These were all the major country-wise quarantine rules. Planning to study abroad but scared that Covid-19 might ruin your plan? Don’t worry as we will help you find the smoothest and safest method to study abroad. Connect with our Leverage Edu experts today on 1800 572 000 and clear all your doubts about studying abroad.