East-West Centre Graduate Degree Fellowship
Study in the United States of America. The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship program is now open. International Students are eligible to apply.Fellowship ProgramGraduate DegreeNote : Before the start of the award, applicants for graduate programs must have obtained a 4-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognised institution of higher learning abroad. Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point aver [...]
Note : Before the start of the award, applicants for graduate programs must have obtained a 4-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognised institution of higher learning abroad. Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in the last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
Field of Study
The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides the following funding:
- Full-time graduate tuition and fees up to the equivalent of the general tuition charged for post-baccalaureate students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa toward master's or doctoral studies;
- Housing in an East-West Center residence hall, based on single occupancy;
- A stipend to partially cover food and incidental expenses;
- An allowance for books, materials and supplies; and
- Subsidy toward health insurance coverage.
- All provisions above are subject to change.
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
Fellowships are awarded annually in an international competition. Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 competition will be accessible from August 16, 2021 through December 1. If you are not already enrolled as a classified graduate student at UH Mānoa, you must apply to the university for the following fall semester by December 1. The University of Hawai‘i launches their online application system (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/) on August 1 each year for admissions the following year. To ensure timely processing of your EWC application, supporting documents for both your UH admissions office and department applications must be completed by January 10, regardless of whether the UH departmental deadline falls after that date.
APPLICATION FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS To access the application documents, click below:
- Application Handbook (interactive website)
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Diagram of the Application Process for EWC and UH (jpg)
- Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable PDF)
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable PDF)
Application Due date : December 1
Next : University Of Otago In New Zealand Calls For Application For Special Scholarship Awards