Executive MBA in USA
An Executive MBA in USA helps professionals and aspirants to establish and expand their network, increase their earning… The post Executive MBA in USA appeared first on Leverage Edu.
An Executive MBA in USA helps professionals and aspirants to establish and expand their network, increase their earning potential, and take their careers to the next level. They are intense and high-level, but the rewards can be substantial if you can master the challenges.. It’s a practice-oriented business degree that lasts for 22 – 24 months. The program also demands applicants to have work experience of above 5 years. Let’s know more about the Executive MBA in USA in this blog!
|Course Name||Executive MBA in USA|
|Acronym||EMBA in USA|
|Average Duration||22 – 24 months|
|Top Universities||University of Chicago (The Booth School of Business); Massachusetts Institute of Technology (The Sloan School of Management); The University of Pennsylvania (The Wharton School)|
|Basic Eligibility||An undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree with 80% – 90% marks in aggregate or CGPA of 3/4.|
|Average Fees (in USD)||Around or above $1,50,000 (Rs 1.12 crore)|
|Job Profiles||CEO, Vice President, Director of Operations, Sales Planning Manager, etc.|
|Average Salary (in USD)||$50,000 – $1,40,000 (INR 37 lakhs – 1.04 Cr)|
Why Study Executive MBA in USA?
An Executive MBA in USA helps professionals to grow exponentially. It allows them to enhance their development and skills. It also enables them to share their experience with their peers to reach higher levels of success. Below are the top 4 reasons why you can pursue an Executive MBA in USA.
- An Array of Skills: It will help you acquire an array of skills. Professionals will learn new development techniques and move towards more responsibilities. It will enhance your understanding of business, strategic thinking and ability to perform critical analysis.
- Career Development: An EMBA in the USA will make you move into new jobs positions you wouldn’t be able to do otherwise and will further help professionals move into an international arena.
- Different Business Practices: This will provide you with managerial and leadership approaches and an insight into different business perspectives. Family businesses, NGOs, SMEs, and health professionals also contribute to increasing the cohort experience of an Executive MBA in the USA.
- Rewarding Career: The primary difference between an EMBA and a full-time MBA is that rewards are substantial for you and your employer. You can work and study simultaneously, ensuring that the skills and knowledge you acquire are not redundant.
- Building of Network: The qualification of Executive MBA in USA helps you expand your international network as one of the most valuable results.
Executive MBA vs Regular MBA in USA
The main difference between an MBA and an Executive MBA is immersing yourself in the graduate school experience and tailoring the lessons to a more experienced group of people.
|Executive MBA in USA||Regular MBA in USA|
|1.5 – 2 years program||2 – 4 year program|
|Students are full-time working and usually attend classes on Friday – Sunday. They get less time to interact.||They have a full-day and intensive schedule. Making a job taught to maintain along with the program.|
|Work experience is required||Doesn’t require work experience|
|Along with the specializations same as a full-time MBA, they are offered a few more electives.||They can specialize in areas like Finance, Operations, Marketing, etc|
|EMBA average cost is around or more than $1,50,000 (INR 1.12 crore)||The average cost of a regular MBA for a two-year program is $60,000 – $1,00,000 (INR 45 lakhs to 75 lakhs)|
Executive MBA in USA Curriculum
- Foundations of Teamwork and Leadership
- Management Communication
- Responsibility in Global Management
- Microeconomics for Managers
- Regression Analysis for Business
- Managing the Productive Core of the firm; Business Analytics
- Operation Strategy
- Quality and Productivity
- Fundamentals of Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Macroeconomics and the Global Economic Environment
- Managing the Enterprise
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Strategy
Top Business Schools for Executive MBA in USA
The table mentioned below comprises the top universities for pursuing Executive MBA in USA with their respective rankings:
|University||Business School||QS World University Rankings 2022|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||The Sloan School of Management||1|
|The University of Chicago||The Booth School of Business||10|
|The University of Pennsylvania||The Wharton School||13|
|New York University||Stern School of Business||42|
|Northwestern University||Kellogg School of Management||30|
|The University of California, Berkeley||Haas School of Business||32|
|Columbia University||Columbia Business School||19|
|Duke University||Fuqua School of Business||52|
|The University of Michigan||Stephen M. Ross School of Business||23|
|The University of Texas||McCombs School of Business||67|
For professionals seeking admission in Executive MBA in USA, the following are the employment and educational requirements you will need to meet.
- An undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree with 80% – 90% marks in aggregate or CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- English proficiency test scores: IELTS (Minimum 6.5 – 7.0), TOEFL (Minimum 80 – 100)
- Scores of GMAT and GRE.
- Official academic transcripts
- Previous full-time work experience: Universities will ask for around 6 – 10 years of work experience.
- Important Documents: Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation (usually two), and MBA Essays.
- Interview: Universities take 30 – 50 minutes long interviews that help them in evaluating the applications and let them decide how suitable they are.
- Letter of Sponsorship
Although the application process might differ for different universities offering Executive MBA in USA. However, aspirants can take reference from the general application process mentioned below for applying to an EMBA program in the USA.
- Register yourself as an applicant on the official website and start filling up your online application form. You do not need to fully complete the application form and continue with the other parts of the application.
- An interview with the admission committee of the university will take place.
- You are now required to fill up the essay questionnaire. There will be a total of 4 questions with the first and second questions. The word limit should not exceed 750. The third question will be 300 words and the last question will have an option of a 300-word limit.
- Candidates are required to submit the standardized test results by the application deadline. It could be GMAT, GRE or 8 years of full-time work experience.
- Now it’s time to put all your degree certificates and transcripts. You may upload an unofficial copy of your transcript with your application as a placeholder.
- Letter of sponsorship is required by the admissions committee by the candidate. It must be directly provided by the sponsor.
- A non-refundable application fee must accompany your application.
- Apply and wait for the acceptance letter. You are allowed to edit and add to your information in the application before sending it. Before submitting it, it is a must to schedule your required admission interview.
Scholarships for Executive MBA in USA
Pursuing an Executive MBA in USA is quite expensive. So, candidates can look for the following financial aid that will help them in fulfilling their dream career. Mentioned below is the list of scholarships provided by some of the top business schools in the USA.
- Kellogg School of Management: They provide general scholarships for the deserving candidates for which they are selected automatically.
- The Fuqua School of Business: They provide merit scholarships to professionals. The amount varies according to the individual.
- The Booth School of Business: The University of Chicago offer merit scholarships to the applicants. The amount varies depending upon the individual.
- University of California, Berkeley: The scholarships are available to international students. The amount of award ranges from $10,000 -$20,000 (INR 7 lakhs – 14 lakhs).
Job Profiles & Salary
The Executive MBA program helps students update their industry knowledge and experience in majors that offer cutting-edge approaches in their changing landscapes. Listed below are the job profiles and salary packages as per payscale, for professionals after completing an Executive MBA in USA.
If you’re looking to earn more money, it’s worth it. Along with this, EMBA programs provides an opportunity to grow on the job.
Executive MBA programs are taught by experienced professionals and career coaches. The high cost of the program also reflects brand power.
The EMBA is misconstructed to be a superior form of MBA study. The key difference that sets them apart is their purpose and delivery format that leads to two different experiences.
Executive MBA awarded by any institute are not eligible for PhD in university.
GMAT is no longer a requirement in business schools across the globe. The idea has been dropped to take GMAT or GRE to demonstrate they are suitable for their EMBA programs.
This was all about Executive MBA in USA. If you are also geared towards a career path in business and administration, look no further! Our counsellors at Leverage Edu will guide you through! Reach us on 1800572000 and begin with your application process to start your study abroad journey soon!