Exploring Student Life in Dubai!
Dubai is unquestionably one of the most compelling cities in the Middle east. The city of gold has… The post Exploring Student Life in Dubai! appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Dubai is unquestionably one of the most compelling cities in the Middle east. The city of gold has a lot more than its spectacular architecture and grand deserts. With its dazzling lifestyles, it has attracted people from many nationalities for travel, work and study purposes. Dubai consists of some of the finest universities and excellent academic programs. Most of the universities in Dubai have been frequently ranked among the top 50 universities in the Gulf area. If you like the hustle, thrill, and wish to study in Dubai; read through this blog to explore student life in Dubai.
Discover Life in Dubai
Dubai has a lavish and expensive lifestyle with everything available in the city’s gigantic malls. It is one of the major economy and entertainment hubs that boasts about its incredible infrastructure and skylines. From designer attires, jewelry to a variety of cuisines and spices; Dubai has it all! Being a cosmopolitan city, you will find people from various nations and religions. Since the city is surrounded by deserts, the weather is relatively humid and hot in summers. Despite Islam and its traditions being the central theme of the city, people are freely allowed to follow and explore their cultures and faiths. A few important facts about the city:
- The weekends in Dubai are on Friday and Saturday, making Sunday-Thursday as the working week
- The common languages spoken are Arabic, Persian, English, Urdu, Hindi. The official language of Dubai is Arabic with English being used for formal and educational purposes
- The Emirate runs in a framework of absolute monarchy with political stability across the states
Dubai has been awarded over 130 Guinness World Records!
Dubai has various transport facilities for ease of student life in Dubai. The daily commute is safe, easy, and accessible with the entire city being connected via fully automated metro networks. Taxis are also easily available for transportation to nearby places. For students, traveling is usually between the university premises and your apartment. Buses are also the most convenient mode which is connected through the landmarks of the city. For exploring the visionaries in Dubai, big buses or economic buses are available to tour you through the major attractions with live commentaries!
The world’s largest man-made island in Dubai-Palm
Jumeirah can be seen from space!
Activities and Entertainment
With a plethora of local activities and a common love for food delights from all over the world with extravagant festivals and events for every genre, Dubai entertains you in every possible way that you cannot afford to miss!
- The Dubai Fountain is a sight like no other. It is the world’s largest choreographed fountain with its musical tributes to various people. You can enjoy a lake ride at the fountain which is also visible from 30km away.
- Your craving for a strong adrenaline rush can be fulfilled by the famous skydiving at the man-made island Palm Jumeirah. It is a professionally guided activity that takes you through a giant leap in the sky.
- Visiting the iconic Burj Khalifa should come off as an unspoken act. Known as the pinnacle of contemporary architecture, the Burj Khalifa is a marvelous work of art and the execution is second to none.
- For the historically inclined folks, Dubai has the best museum at Al Fahidi Fort that was built around 1800. It presents the way of life in Dubai for thousands of years. From old maps to excavated material, the museum is a heritage with the oldest history of the city.
- Another exciting place to explore is the Dessert safari. The adventurous trip is a must to visit during your student life in Dubai. It tours you through the Dubai desert for viewing the enthralling sunset along with many photo-stops, a camel ride, and an exotic buffet with the traditional shisha and belly dancing shows.
- For the automobile enthusiast, Dubai has its very own Ferrari World. The world’s largest frame structure ever built, the amusement park has thrilling rides which include the world’s highest loop and the fastest rollercoaster. Enjoy your rides and the street performances in the park!
- The Dubai Miracle Garden is blooming and has bliss like nowhere. It spreads across a 72,000-sqm garden with 150 million flowers decorated aesthetically. The floral wonderland also conducts live music and dance events for entertainment.
Falconry is a 100-year-old valued custom sport in Dubai.
It includes falcons (Saqr) flying and swooping in the skies which is a visual delight!
Accommodation and Work Opportunities
The cost of living in Dubai is comparatively expensive but can reduce if you select an affordable location. Like many universities, Dubai also provides on and off-campus accommodations with residential and hostel facilities. The most likely monthly budget for accommodation is no less than AED 5,500 – 16,000 (INR 1,10,351 – 3,21,022). Another option is shared private accommodation with other students which costs a total of around AED 4,500-6,500 (INR 90,293-1,30,424). For reducing the financial burden during your student life in Dubai, you can opt for part-time jobs. There are various on-campus jobs throughout the year and off-campus work in summer. Being a commercially flourished city, various firms and corporations have part-time job offers for students with an average monthly salary of AED 3,987 (INR 79,986).
Must Read: Top Universities in Dubai
Festivals and Social Life
Apart from the fun activities mentioned, Dubai offers its visitors with many festivals to enjoy, meet new people and immerse in different traditions. The following are the most exciting festivals celebrated every year in the city with visitors across the world.
- Dubai International Film Festival (Around December)
- Dubai International Jazz Festival (Around February)
- Dubai Shopping Festival (January)
- Art Dubai (March)
- The Dubai Marathon (January)
- Dubai World Cup (March)
- Taste Of Dubai (March)
- Dubai International Boat Show (March)
That was all about the Student life in Dubai which guarantees amusement along with high-class education. If you wish to pursue a course in one of the top universities in Dubai, Leverage Edu experts are here to help you find the best course and guide you through every step of the admission process. Sign up for a free consultation session with us today!