Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Founded in 1969, Fuqua School of Business is an elite business school in the USA. Known for its… The post Fuqua School of Business, Duke University appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Founded in 1969, Fuqua School of Business is an elite business school in the USA. Known for its innovative approach to learning; its MBA program has pioneered the interdisciplinary approach to business management in the United States. With over 2000 alumni members in executive positions, pursuing an MBA at Fuqua School of Business is an unparalleled opportunity for business students and entrepreneurs.
|Institute Type||Private Institution|
|Number of Faculty||145|
|Number of Students||1500 per year|
|% of International Students||38.13%|
|Test Scores Accepted||GPA Score 3.50; GMAT score 690–730|
Fuqua School of Business
The Fuqua School of Business, USA is Duke University‘s business school established in 1969, situated in Durham, North Carolina. This college exclusively offers graduate and doctorate degrees, as well as a short executive education course. The business school believes in establishing institutional partnerships to enhance curriculum design, teaching, attracting world-class staff, and providing students with the finest possible education. It is a private university with highly regarded business programs. Each year, the school recruits about 1500 students.
History of Fuqua Business School
The Graduate School of Business Administration was founded in 1969 and enrolled its first batch of 20 students in 1970. Thomas F. Keller, a 1953 Duke graduate, was appointed as the new dean of the graduate school in 1974. Keller’s capital campaign raised $24 million in three years, with $10 million coming from industrialist and philanthropist J.B. Fuqua. The Fuqua School of Business became the new name for the graduate school. Fuqua announced plans to open offices in St. Petersburg, Dubai, Shanghai, New Delhi and London in September 2008.
Benefits of Studying at Fuqua School of Business
- The MBA programme at the Fuqua School of Business is based on a concept known as “Team Fuqua,” which focuses on recruiting a diverse group of students who can learn from one another, develop new perspectives, and ideally become leaders in a global market.
- Students can adapt their learning experiences to their own professional goals.
- The Fuqua School of Business is recognized for its one-month intensive orientation programme, which includes three introductory courses focusing on leadership in a global society.
- Fuqua University has a ‘Program for Entrepreneurs,‘ which is a hands-on programme that allows students to start new businesses while earning their business degrees.
- The institution has a campus in Kunshan, China, and certain programmes allow students to split their time between North Carolina and Kunshan in order to develop a global perspective and build a strong network.
According to the US News rating agency for the year 2021, the school has been rated
- 12th in Best Business Schools in the USA
- 6th for its Executive MBA
- 8th for Management as a specialisation
Popular MBA Courses
Below we have mentioned the courses offered by Fuqua School of Business:
|Program||Application Deadline||Fees (year)|
|M.B.A||First Intake (7th Jan 2022)Second Intake (25th Mar 2022)||₹51 lakhs|
|M.B.A Global Executive||First Intake (29th Apr 2022)Second Intake (27th May 2022)||₹65 Lakhs|
|Ph.D. Business Administration||31st Dec 2021||–|
- Students at Fuqua School of Business can enroll in graduate, doctoral, and executive education programmes.
- Short-term, full-time, and professional courses are also available. Some of the courses are also offered in a part-time or online form.
- Masters in Management, Quantitative Management, and Business Administration are among the graduate programs available.
- The Ph.D. programme provides students a choice of seven topics of study from which to pursue their passion. Accounting, Decision Sciences, Finance, and Marketing are some of the most popular areas.
- Analytics, Executive Education, Leadership, Healthcare, and other subjects are covered in the curriculum.
Research Centers at Fuqua School of Business
The Fuqua School of Business’s research centers support the school’s distinct academic objectives. The following is a list of research centers:
- The Fuqua/Coach K Center of Leadership & Ethics (COLE) – COLE was founded to enhance leadership through research and teaching as cooperation between Fuqua, Duke Athletics, and The Kenan Institute for Ethics.
- CASE (Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship) – Through teaching and research, the center supports creative and entrepreneurial ways to improve social circumstances.
- Fuqua established the Center of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI) to enhance studies in the fields of entrepreneurship and innovation, with the objective of providing one of the best settings for students interested in entrepreneurship.
- Center for Energy, Development, and the Global Environment (EDGE) – EDGE promotes global energy and corporate sustainability via teaching, research, and outreach.
- The Center for Financial Excellence (CFE) promotes Duke’s financial research and teaching, with a focus on developing partnerships among academics, students, and finance professionals.
International students interested in applying to the Fuqua School of Business should know the following information:
- Application Portal: University online application.
- There is a $225 [INR 16711.25] application fee.
- Scores for standardized tests: GMAT 660-740.
- Application Deadlines: Vary depending on the course.
- Along with the application, students must provide their official high school or college transcripts.
- Official transcripts, a photocopy of your passport, evidence of financial documents, a letter of recommendation, a recent résumé, an essay, and proof of English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL).
- The career service office collaborates with recruiters to help them recruit students who are on the university’s standby list.
- They make certain that recruiters have enough time to choose the best candidates from the institution.
- During the recruiting process, the career service office has a list of portfolios depending on the programmes that they use.
- 97% of MBA graduates get at least one job offer.
- MBA graduates earn an average of $135,397 per year.
- A total of 34% of the students received employment offers in the consulting industry.
In the form of need-based or merit-based scholarships, the institution provides a generous number of student loans and scholarships to overseas students who wish to study in the United States. Every admitted student is assessed for a merit-based scholarship. Every admitted student is assessed for a merit-based scholarship.
- Keller Scholarships are one of the named scholarships that students may obtain based on their merit. Students with excellent academic backgrounds and a promising determination to make a difference with their leadership quality are selected for this award. The scholarship covers the whole cost of tuition for the two-year program.
- The International Student Loan programme with no cosigner allows an applicant to borrow up to 90% of their cost of attendance.
- Other alternatives for providing financial aid to students include employment and study, outside scholarships, and self-help.
Must Read: Best Business Schools for MBA in Asia
Are you interested in pursuing an MBA at Fuqua School of Business? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you throughout the process from your selecting the course to Visa. So, what are you waiting for? Book your FREE Counselling session now or simply call us at 1800 57 2000.