IELTS 6 Band Universities in UK for Masters
India is the second-largest country to send thousands of foreign students according to top UK universities? All Indians… The post IELTS 6 Band Universities in UK for Masters appeared first on Leverage Edu.
India is the second-largest country to send thousands of foreign students according to top UK universities? All Indians students planning to travel to study in the UK to pursue their bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral programs are required to submit an English proficiency test result. Since English is not our first language, scoring high in English proficiency tests for foreign universities can be tough. But fret not! We have compiled a list of IELTS 6 band universities in the UK for Masters to help you achieve your dream of studying abroad!
What is IELTS?
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is one of the most popular English proficiency tests. It is used for purposes like study, immigration, or work. There are two types of IELTS exams, – IELTS General and IELTS Academic. The pattern and syllabus of these exams vary. IELTS consists of four main sections, and evaluates a candidate on four basic parameters, i.e. listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
List of Universities Accepting IELTS 6.0 Band in UK
Here we have listed down few prominent IELTS 6.0 band universities in UK for Masters:
|University||QS Rankings 2022|
|University of Sussex||=226|
|Queen’s University Belfast||=216|
|University of Sheffield||95|
|University of Leicester||=236|
|University of Warwick||61|
The universities that offer courses for master’s for IELTS 6.0 band have been mentioned above. Let’s have a look at the courses offered by these universities –
- MSc Electrical Engineering
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Software Development
- MA Digital Media
- MBA International Business
- MBA Global Banking and Finance
How to Apply?
Here’s a step-wise guide on how to apply to IELTS 6.0 band universities in UK for Masters:
- Research and find out the right university and course as per your interests. Take help from various overseas education consultants for professional guidance on the same.
- Students must keep the documents ready – passport copy, CV, academic transcripts, exam scores of IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/GRE, etc.
- Students must also keep their SOP ready.
- For PG courses, students can directly apply to the universities through online or offline mediums.
- Students are supposed to submit the CAS Confirmation of acceptance letter to apply for the TIER-4 Student Visa.
Documents Required to Study in UK
For pursuing a master’s from UK with an IELTS score of 6.0, students must possess the following documents ready at the time of admission –
- Copy of a valid passport
- Scorecard of English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced. (Some universities exempt students from this if they meet the set criteria)
- GMAT/GRE for Masters programs
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendations (LOR)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- A CV (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Alternative to IELTS
Students can now study in the UK without IELTS. Certain UK universities have decided to ease the pressure on international students by either waiving off IELTS. They are now providing students with alternative requirements such as
- English language proof for Class XI and XII
- If students had English as a major specialization while pursuing their undergraduate degree, then they do not have to appear for IELTS.
- Scores of Duolingo English Test, TOEFL, PTE in lieu of IELTS.
- Medium of Instruction Certificate
Cost of Studying in UK
The cost of studying in the UK includes tuition fees, accommodation charges, visa charges, daily expenses, transport, etc. Enlisted are the details pertaining to the expenses which might be incurred while studying in the UK:
|Undergraduate Programs||£8000 to £9000 per year (7,10,000 INR-8,00,000 INR) – up to £30000 (27,00,000 INR)|
|Postgraduate Programs||£12000 to £15000 (10,70,000 INR-13,00,000 INR) – up to £35000 (31,00,000 INR).|
Some of the top universities like the University of Sussex, Leicester, Warwick, etc are counted amongst IELTS 6.0 band universities in UK for masters. Want to learn how to apply? Head over to LeverageEdu.com and book a free session today!