LLM in Cambridge University
Cambridge University in the United Kingdom is regarded as one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the… The post LLM in Cambridge University appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Cambridge University in the United Kingdom is regarded as one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the world. It is the fifth most populous country on the planet. Undergraduate courses in social sciences, engineering, sciences, and arts, and is considered one of the best colleges for LLM. In this blog, we will discuss in-depth the course of LLM in Cambridge University.
LLM in Cambridge University: Quick Highlights
|Program Name||Master of Law (LLM)|
|Program Duration||9 months|
|Mode of the Program||On-campus/Regular|
|Course Choice||4 Courses out of the total list|
|Fees||USD 43687 ( INR 31 lakhs )|
|Mandatory Language Proficiency||IELTS, TOEFL|
University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge, established in 1209, is a public research university in Cambridge, United Kingdom. It is the world’s fourth-oldest university and the second-oldest in the English-speaking world. It is a self-governed community of students as well as one of the world’s oldest universities and renowned educational institutions.
This university includes 31 constituent colleges and over 100 academic departments that are grouped into six schools: Arts and Humanities, Biological Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Humanities and Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Technology.
International Students at Cambridge University
Cambridge currently has a population of 23,380 students from all walks of life, 10,910 of whom are graduates and 12,480 of whom are undergraduates; among the graduate students, 50 percent come from outside the UK, and around 40% are women; over 11,000 staff, 31 Colleges, and 150 Departments, Faculties, Schools, and other institutions.
The University has an international community that invites brilliant students from all around the world. Over 120,000 Cambridge alumni reside in over 200 countries.
LLM in Cambridge University
Cambridge’s Law Faculty offers a world-renowned and well-respected LLM (Master of Law) program. The nine-month taught program provides highly qualified and intellectually exceptional students with the chance to pursue advanced legal studies in a tough – but supportive – atmosphere.
Students from both common law and civil law jurisdictions enroll in the LLM program, which draws students of the highest caliber. It is designed for students interested in continuing their legal education after completing their first degree, including those choosing a career in law or intending to practice law, as well as those on a professional break who want to widen their intellectual horizons.
- A first-class bachelor’s degree in law from a UK university or its equivalent from an abroad institution
- If the candidates are among the top 10% of lawyers in their jurisdiction, students without a law degree may be considered
- A language center evaluation plus the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or C1 Advanced-Grade A or B
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English) or C2 Proficiency (Grade A, B, or C) Proficiency (Grade A, B, or C) Proficiency (Grade A, B, or C) Proficiency (Gra (with at least 200 in each individual element)
- To be admitted to this program, students must have IELTS (7/9) or TOEFL (100/120) and GRE (320/340)
Eligibility for Indian Students
Indian students are eligible if they meet any of the following criteria –
- Completed a four-year bachelor’s degree with honors from a recognized institution in a relevant discipline
- Alternatively, have a B.Sc/B.Com/B.A (3-4 year) degree from a reputable university with an overall grade of 70% or a CGPA of 7.3+
The following documents are required:
- A resume/CV is a summary of a student’s work experience and abilities.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate – A certificate issued by the education board following completion of higher secondary school.
- Statement of marks
- Financial Documentation – Documentation that demonstrates the student’s financial situation.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) – This article demonstrated who motivated the student to seek the degree.
- Statement of Purpose – This is an essay or other written statement submitted by the student as part of the application process.
- English Language Requirement – This displays the results of English Proficiency Exams such as the IELTS, TOFEL, and PTE, among others.
How to Apply?
Use the following steps to apply for the LLM at Cambridge University:
- Visit the official website of the University of Cambridge, UK
- Go to their Applicant portal and then, Click on “Apply now”
- Upload all the required documents: personal information, statement of marks, other important documents
- Re-check if the information added is error-free.
- Pay the application fee of £70 ( INR 7,200)
- Submit the application.
Career Opportunities after LLM in Cambridge University
Following completion of the courses, the following jobs are available:
- Practicing Lawyer
- Legal Counsel
- Service in the Government
- Judiciary, and so on.
Also Read: LLM in UK in 2021
Visa Application for the UK for LLM in Cambridge University
- The International Student Office provides visa guidance on a variety of immigration problems concerning UK students. It is critical that students obtain the proper immigration permission to study in the United Kingdom.
- Acceptance of a student’s visa application is entirely contingent on their program of choice, financial stability, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview sessions.
- Go for Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over the age of 16 who are enrolled in a program that will last more than six months.
- Required Documents:
- Details of Passport
- Results of tuberculosis tests
- Certificate of a criminal record
- Students must show proof of financial sufficiency for the duration of their stay in the UK.
- If they are under the age of 18, letters from their parents or legal guardians are required.
- Recent Photograph
7 Reasons Why Cambridge University is the Best Destination for Your Studies [BONUS]
The reasons for choosing Cambridge University as your advanced learning destination are listed below.
- Foreign grads make up half of Cambridge’s graduating class. For international students, the university offers a variety of services tailored to their specific requirements and interests.
- Cambridge University is one of the most prestigious colleges in the world, and graduates with degrees from the university are highly sought after by companies in every profession. As a result, a Cambridge degree has a high market value.
- Cambridge University has one of the world’s largest libraries and museums. As a result, it provides you with a wealth of knowledge from the past as well as the present.
- Apart from the standard academic topics, Cambridge offers language tuition, computer help, and skills training to all of its graduates.
- Every year, Cambridge hosts 14 career events to help students find better job and internship options.
- The institution includes a Disability Resource Center that helps differently-abled students get the most out of their education.
- Cambridge University’s departments are known around the world for their research intensity and originality, as well as their substantial contributions to the academic area. Every student is assigned a mentor who guides their research program and keeps track of their progress in the departments.
In this blog, we discussed the Master of Law (LLM) offered by Cambridge University. Hope the information provided was helpful! In case of any query, please contact us at Leverage Edu. Our trained experts will help in the exam preparation required for the LLM course and the visa-related process. For the latest updates around study blogs, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & also subscribe to our newsletter.