Malaysia Student Visa
International students prefer Malaysia as a perfect destination for quality higher education and career opportunities. The country has… The post Malaysia Student Visa appeared first on Leverage Edu.
International students prefer Malaysia as a perfect destination for quality higher education and career opportunities. The country has its best achievements not only in the tourism sector but also in education and lifestyle. With world-class educational standards, this Asian country is becoming a popular destination for international students. Currently, there are over 100,000 international students from more than 150 nations in Malaysia. The country is also home to prominent universities that rank amongst the top 200 universities in the world. International students generally need a Student Visa to study in Malaysia. This blog collates everything you need to know about the Malaysia Student Visa, the application process, fees and more!
Also read about the Employment Pass in Malaysia
Latest News Updates
As per the Ministry of Security Cluster, Malaysian students who meet the eligibility criteria and received the offer letter from the chosen university were allowed to enter from January 1, 2021. There are some restrictions for the United Kingdom students due to the COVID-19 pandemic for Malaysia Student Visa:
- International students who wish to study in Malaysia must comply with the standard procedures established by the National Security Council.
- COVID-19 test must be taken three days before moving to Malaysia.
- Swab test is a must for every student entering the country.
- 10 days of quarantine is essential for students according to government guidelines even if the test is negative.
Explore these top Universities in Malaysia
Requirements for Malaysia Student Visa
According to the rules issued by Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS), the documents listed below are absolutely important to wish to study in Malaysia:
- Completed Malaysia student visa application form signed by the applicant
- Offer letter from the Malaysian University approved by the pass & permit department of Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia
- Academic transcripts
- Health certificate
- Two passport photos
- Two photocopies of the passport
- Proof of financial support and bank statements
- Proof of security and personal bond
- Evidence of full-time course of study approved by the Ministers of Home Affairs
- Letters of Approval
Guidelines For Passport Photograph
- The photos must be in colour and not in black and white colour
- It should be professionally be taken against a white background
- It should have dimensions of 45 mm height and 35 mm width
- It should be free from reflection, free from shadow and visible
- It should be free from a red-eye and nothing covering the face
- It should contain the full name of the students at the back of the photograph
Medical Screening of International Students in Malaysia
International students applying for Student Visa Malaysia must undertake the following medical screenings:
- New foreign students must attend a medical screening at a panel within 7 days
- If students are applying for visa renewal they don’t have to undergo medical screening
- International students applying for the change of course or the university are required to attend the in-country medical screening at an EMGS panel.
The Malaysian Government has made the student visa application process quite easy. The students are no longer required to contact their local Malaysian embassy or consulate. Let’s go through the application process step by step:
Step 1: Get in Touch with the Institution: Students can apply for the student pass directly from the selected university and submit the application with complete information. Make sure to have a passport with a validity of more than 1 year, otherwise, the student pass will not be processed.
Step 2: Wait for the Confirmation of Acceptance: Students will be informed of application status. The notification of acceptance is sent via Immigration Department in Malaysia within 7 days.
Step 3: Submit the Necessary Documents: Submit all the above-mentioned documents to the chosen university to gain the student visa to study in Malaysia.
Step 4: Confirmation of Student Pass: The university will send a letter confirming the student pass and a letter of approval will be issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Step 5: Share Flight Details with the Institution: Inform the university regarding the airport location, flight number, and arrival date and time. The university’s representative will come to the airport and brief you with all the details. Within two weeks, you will receive the student pass from the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Step 6: What’s Next? We at Leverage Edu provide students with perfect assistance regarding study-abroad queries. Call us on 1800572000 and get a chance to talk to our mentors and pace up with your study abroad journey!
Malaysia Student Visa Fees
The application for a Malaysia student visa varies depending on the type of course and the type of institution in which the student wishes to enrol. Health insurance is also a mandatory aspect of any student visa application. In addition to the visa, students in Malaysia need an I-Kad, the official Malaysian identity card.
|Type of Malaysian University/College||Student Visa Malaysia Fees|
|Private Higher Institute||RM 1,060 – RM 1,560 (INR 18,000 – 27,000)|
|Private Institute||RM 810 – RM 1,060 (INR 14,000 – 18,000)|
|International Accredited Centres||RM 810 – RM 1,060 (INR 14,000 – 18,000)|
|Public Institute||RM 810 – RM 1,560 (INR 14,000 – 27,000)|
Top Scholarships In Malaysia for International Students
Reasons for Rejection of Malaysia Student Visa
The acceptance rate of Malaysian Visa is 90% which is much higher as compared to the other countries. Malaysia attracts around 100,000 students annually but the Malaysian Immigration Department may reject a Malaysia student visa application based on:
- Any history of criminal offence
- Submission of false documents
- Invalid LOR
- Insufficient balance in the bank account
- Poor communication skills
- Non-satisfactory academic records
- Inconsistent choice of programs or courses
We hope that this blog provides you with a complete guide on the Malaysia student visa. Are you interested in pursuing your dream course abroad? Get in touch with our Leverage Edu mentors and we will guide you throughout the process of selecting the right university as well as drafting an impressive application. Call us on 1800572000!