MBA at McGill University
If you are looking to pursue a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree from Canada, then McGill University… The post MBA at McGill University appeared first on Leverage Edu.
If you are looking to pursue a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree from Canada, then McGill University brings you an opportunity to diversify your learning experience, by enrolling in their redesigned full-time MBA program. Within the basic academic curriculum, they have incorporated flexible specializations so that the students get to explore management subjects of personal interest and apply their learning to real-life business situations. This blog will elaborate on all the relevant information required to pursue MBA at McGill University, from admission requirements, application process and more!
MBA at McGill University- Program Highlights
|Degree Name||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Duration||1-2 years; full-time|
|Tuition fees||INR 34.5 Lakhs|
|Department||Desautels Faculty of Management|
About MBA in McGill University
MBA in McGill University is a full-time MBA program that lets the students choose whether they want to pursue it for 1 year or 2 years. They offer a choice between 48-credit and 54-credit programs. But, the difference in credits depends on the time you spend in the internship, not the classroom. The 48-credit program can be completed in 12 months. The 54-credit takes 20 months, while some students are also able to finish it in 16 months.
Many departments have earlier application deadlines for international students. It is advised to apply in advance so that you have plenty of time to prepare the necessary travel, study and immigration documents. Following is the McGill University application deadline for International students:
Applications Deadlines for Fall 2022
|Stage 1||1 November 2021|
|Stage 2||15 January 2022|
|Final Deadline||15 March 2022|
McGill University Acceptance Rate for International Students
McGill University acceptance rate for international students is 46% – 52%. This varies according to the faculty. In the popular department, you can expect a lower acceptance rate and in the less popular department, there will be an increase in the higher acceptance rate.
McGill University Fees for International Students
The below information would let us know the general studying expenses and living expenses as an undergraduate student at McGill University. This chart gives an estimated cost of international students of McGill University to pay for one academic year:
The fees listed under are for the year 2020 – 2021 academic year. The fees will vary by program:
|Tuition||$21,006 – $56,544|
|Books & Supplies||$1,000|
|Ancillary Fees||$1,747 – $4,695|
|Total Cost||$24,800 – $63,286|
This gives an estimated idea of On-campus and Off-campus livings costs for McGill University students:
|Housing||$9,130 – $19,079||$6,000 – $15,600|
|Food||$5,475||$2,600 – $4,500|
|Total Cost||$14,605 – $24,554||$8,600 – $20,100|
Basic Quantitative Competency Workshop
The university offers a one-week workshop to impart a basic level of quantitative competency to the students. This workshop includes lessons regarding;
- Business Math
- Financial Accounting
MBA at McGill University Specializations
The MBA program at McGill University offers specializations to let the students tailor their studies to their specific career trajectory. Following are the specializations to McGill University International students offered by the university itself to equip them to students to gain expertise and develop skills in their preferred field of interest:
- Business Analytics
- Global Strategy & Leadership
Curriculum for MBA at McGill university
The extensive and personally charted courses offered in the MBA program in McGill University equips students with the tools needed to fill in the gaps in their business knowledge. The interactive lectures and case studies, focusing on business fundamentals and leadership skills, form the basis of foundational courses. Indian students in McGill University will learn the following:
|Module 1||Module 2||Module 3|
Leading with Empathy
All students must meet the minimum requirements mentioned below to be considered for acceptance. Note that, meeting these requirements does not guarantee your admission. Following are the McGill University admissions for International students:
- Bachelor’s degree: Candidates applying must have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized university.
- The minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is 3.0 out of a possible 4.0, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.2 out of 4.0
- 2 years minimum work experience
A minimum of two years of relevant full-time work experience after completion of their undergraduate degree.
- 2 letters of reference
Candidates must provide two professional LORs. McGill will automatically contact your employers to upload references using this recommendation form on your behalf.
- Official transcripts
Two official transcripts of marks from all universities attended are required. Transcripts in languages other than English must be accompanied by an English translation. A copy in the original language is also required.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
All applicants must complete the GMAT exam or the GRE exam. There are no exemptions to this rule. When registering for the test please ensure that you request the results be sent directly to McGill University.
- English Proficiency Test: TOEFL or IELTS
For international candidates who did not complete a degree from a recognized English-medium university, proof of English proficiency is required.
TOEFL- minimum score of 20 in each category
IELTS- A score of at least 7.0.
- 3 essay questions (500 words per question)
It will involve questions like “describe your long-term visions for your post-MBA career path and how will the Desautels MBA program add value to your future career?”
MBA at McGill University Admission Process
The admission process for MBA in McGill University is online. Here is the stepwise breakdown of the entire process:
- Log on to the McGill Online Application Form and create an account if you are a new user and you will receive an email including your username and a password to log in and start the application process.
- Once logged in, click on ‘my profile’ and fill out the required information that includes; contact information, education, citizenship, etc.
- Click on either the ‘Start New Application’ link or the “Continue” button. This will take you to the Home Page where you have to fill out your preferred program type, term, area of study, referees, etc.
- Read the Declaration and Authorization sections and click on both checkboxes- click on the “Continue” button.
- Click on the “Review” button to review the details completed before proceeding to payment. Once the application has been submitted, no changes can be made.
- Enter credit card information under Payment Details. Click the “Process Transaction” button to pay the application fee of INR 7,300.
Submit your documents
- All the documents must be uploaded directly to uApply, as a PDF document. After your initial application has been submitted, you will receive access to your uApply account via email.
- Sending official documents: Documents received via the upload process are considered unofficial. Your official documents will be requested at a later date.
- MBA Essay Questions: write an essay and upload it.
- Reference letters
- Academic Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- GMAT/ GRE results
- TOEFL/IELTS results (if required)
After the investigation of the candidate’s documents, selected ones will be invited for an interview. This interview is primarily conducted by Skype for international students. This interview will provide you with an opportunity to ask key questions and ensure that the Desautels MBA at McGill is the right program for you.
Selection Process of McGill University Students
Candidates are usually selected within four weeks, after careful consideration, following receipt of complete applications with all supporting documents. Students are highly recommended to submit their application as soon as possible to avoid deadline peaks.
Non-Canadian applicants are advised to contact their home country’s Canadian Embassy prior to their desired program start date. Some countries have additional requirements for visas and medical examinations.
After the selection process, shortlisted candidates have to confirm their offer of acceptance and submit the non-refundable deposit of $5,000 by the deadline date specified in the acceptance letter to ensure their admission.
Other MBA Programs at McGill University
- Executive MBA– The McGill-HEC Montréal Executive MBA is a 15-month program that offers learning for executives and entrepreneurs that builds on their managerial experience.
- Part-time MBA (PMBA)- Applications to the MBA part-time program for the 2021 academic year have been suspended. Keep checking the McGill University MBA Program portal for further updates.
McGill University Financial Aid for International Students
McGill University provides need-based financial aid for future undergraduate students. This is for those who are financially challenged so the university provides them with other funding resources such as government grants, Indigenous Band Support funding, parental support, part-time work and some other sources of funding. This McGill University financial aid for international students is known as the Entrance Bursary Program.
Scholarships for McGill University Students
MBA in McGill University can be pursued by receiving financial assistance through a large number of substantial MBA-specific scholarships and awards.
|Name of the scholarship||Amount Offered|
|McGill University International Entrance Awards||Not Specified|
|Forte Fellowship||INR 14.9 Lakhs|
|Sandhya and Swati Sharma MBA Leadership Award||INR 4.7 Lakhs|
|Forte Fellowship||INR 60,000|
McGill University Notable Alumni
Discover the notable alumni of McGill University. The following list includes people like:
- William Shatner – Canadian Actor
- Julie Payette – Former Governor General of Canada
- Justin Trudeau – Prime Minister of Canada
- Ken Dryden – Former Member of the Canadian House of Commons
- Gail Simmons – Canadian Food Writer
- Charles Taylor – Canadian Philosopher
This was all the relevant information regarding MBA in McGill University, Canada. In this program, students have the opportunity to not only learn from leading professors from around the world, but also from exceptional international business leaders. Are you looking to pursue an MBA from abroad? Let the experts at Leverage Edu guide book your free 30 minutes of e-counseling with the team now!