MBA in France
France has always been a renowned study abroad destination for international students and is regarded as the world’s… The post MBA in France appeared first on Leverage Edu.
France has always been a renowned study abroad destination for international students and is regarded as the world’s centre of innovation and research. There are further several reasons why France is an ideal place for pursuing an MBA. The country houses some of the top-class business schools that offer internationally recognized MBA programmes and excellent pan-European networking opportunities to future entrepreneurs and professionals. MBA in France opens world-class opportunities for international students. Read more to learn about MBA in France, top business schools, eligibility criteria and more.
Why Study MBA in France?
While there are various reasons international students prefer to study in France, here are some of the prominent ones:
In France, more than 20% of government spending goes to the education sector. The fact that its higher education is research-based adds to the appeal, and you’ll be able to network with some of France’s finest brains from many disciplines. Higher education in France is regarded as among the best in the world in terms of substance and quality.
While France is a typically calm and stable country, it also boasts of having one of the world’s most strong and biggest economies. The country boasts the world’s sixth-strongest economy and Europe’s third-largest economy, offering it a significant advantage in terms of career possibilities, a pleasant lifestyle, and endless networking opportunities.
Going to a country with a robust economy boosts your MBA’s credibility while also increasing your chances of obtaining work and other possibilities while studying there. That only adds to the appeal of pursuing your MBA in France.
All discerning taste buds will find something to adore in France. You will undoubtedly meet others who share your interests. You would not be alone as an international student because international students from all over the world travel to France for their higher education. So, if you feel your master’s degree should have an international flavour and provide you with worldwide experience, French universities are the perfect fit. Apart from its student population, France has a lot to offer in terms of diversity, thanks to its wide range of climates. A culture that is adaptable to anybody includes friendly neighbourhoods, a big stream of tourists, and a country that lives on cheese and wine. So, whether you’re seeing Southern France, the Riviera, or the long romantic alleys of Paris, you’ll be getting an MBA unparalleled.
Opportunity to Learn a New Language
French, which is spoken by 68 million people globally and ranks third only to English and Mandarin as a business language, continues to have a strong position. With many of the world’s most successful companies hailing from France, knowing the language will come in useful and add significant value to your resume. While many business schools offer MBA and M.Sc. programmes in English, acquiring French while in the nation is not challenging. The courses’ ease and accessibility make it simpler for you to push yourself and learn the language. This will assist you in becoming a true global leader.
Popular Specializations for MBA in France
It’s always said that an MBA in France gives birth to well-rounded businessmen/entrepreneurs of the future. Although most colleges prefer applicants with job experience to be qualified for such courses, certain institutions may only admit students based on their academic performance. Take a peek at the curriculum split of MBA programmes:
General Management Programme: A general MBA in France programme focuses on the fundamentals of management. The syllabus for this degree includes major management disciplines such as Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, and Entrepreneurship, among others.
Specialization Programme: The curriculum of this course includes both the basics of General Management and the elements of a specific subject, such as Marketing, Finance, Accounting, and Human Resources Management. French business schools have a wide choice of specialization options such as:
- MBA in Finance Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA in HR Management
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in IT
- MBA in Media Management
Modes of Teaching
Aside from the option of studying additional subjects, French universities also provide individuals with learning modes based on their preferences/employment status. There are four basic types of teaching/learning modes of pursuing master courses like MBA in France:
- Regular Classroom Programmes
- Distance Education Programmes
- Fast-track Programmes
- Online Learning Programmes
Top Business Schools in France
Here is a list of some of the most renowned universities or business schools in France that offer world-class MBA in France to international students:
|College/University||QS World University Ranking MBA (Global 2021)||Average Estimated Tuition Cost in INR|
|HEC Paris||5||INR 75 lakhs|
|INSEAD||6||INR 75 lakhs|
|ESSEC Business School||27||INR 39 lakhs|
|EDHEC Business School||40||INR 38 lakhs|
|ESCP Business School||47||INR 40 lakhs|
|Emlyon Business School||62||INR 33 lakhs|
|Grenoble Ecole de Management||84||INR 27 lakhs|
|IESEG School of Management||101-110||INR 24 lakhs|
|Toulouse Business School||121-130||INR 31 lakhs|
|Audencia Business School||151-200||INR 27 lakhs|
The following are the basic admission requirements that apply to all French universities:
- Candidates must have worked for 3 to 4 years (may vary according to university)
- A bachelor’s degree or a minimum educational qualification comparable to the French bachelor’s is necessary.
- English language proficiency test scores like TOEFL or IELTS are also required for international students and non-native English speakers (only applicable for universities offering MBA in France in the English language).
- GMAT or GRE scores (depending on the university)
The following documents are required for the admissions process for MBA in France:
- Application form with attached passport-size photographs.
- Loan Documents
- Financial records
- Original and authentic school and/or college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose/Essays based on the university’s requirements
- Recommendation Letters and Resume
- Other documents as required by the university
- A valid passport
- Student Visa
The duration of an MBA in France varies depending on the university. Some B-schools provide a two-year (24-month) MBA programme, while others offer a 12-16 month MBA crash course. If you are applying for an MBA degree, the programme will last at least one year. The schools run on a spring and fall semester system, with breaks in December and the summer months.
- Almost all French universities accept applications online and require a complete set of documents. You may get the application form from their separate websites and fill it out according to the instructions.
- After filling out the application form, make sure you have all of the needed documents ready to submit with it. You will also be required to pay a nominal application fee.
- Keep an eye on the university’s submission dates and try to submit the form as soon as possible.
- Interviews will be conducted over the phone or via other electronic means of contact, depending on the university.
- Ensure that you have obtained your student visa so that you may attend the institution as soon as you receive your admit letter; otherwise, your admission may be forfeited.
Get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 to know more about the application process to pursue MBA in France! You can even sign up for our upcoming Mega UniConnect Virtual Fair here and get a chance to directly contact some of the leading universities via their respective representatives!
Affordable MBA Colleges in France
Although the average cost of studying MBA in France can be around EUR 15,000 to EUR 30,000 (INR 12.9 lakhs to INR 25.8 lakhs), some exceptional universities provide low-cost MBA degrees in France to aspirants. Here is a list of such universities mentioned below:
- ESG Management School
- EPITA Graduate School of Computer Science
- EFREI Engineering School of Information and Digital Technologies
- Neoma Business School
- Paris School of Business
- Kedge Business School
- Groupe ISEE
- Novancia business School
- Grenoble Graduate School of Business
- ESC Rennes School of Business
There are a variety of institutional and regional scholarship opportunities available to them:
- Masters Scholarships in the Ile-de-France: The Regional Council of Île-de-France offers a Masters scholarship to international students seeking admission to a higher education institution in the Île-de-France. All foreign students are welcome to apply, although those from Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, or the new European member states are given priority.
- The Eiffel Scholarship: A programme run by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs that allows reputable French universities to apply. The Eiffel Scholarship intends to recruit international candidates for Masters and PhD programmes. Law, Economics and Management, Engineering Sciences and Political Sciences are the four primary areas of study.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is financed by the European Union and is available to both European and non-European students. This grant is offered for Masters and Doctoral Joint Programs.
- INSEAD MBA Scholarships: There are a limited number of INSEAD MBA Scholarship programs, and each offer is very competitive. These awards are made based on a variety of factors and are divided into two categories: need-based and non-need-based (based on merit, nationality, gender, professional background, leadership abilities, the field of previous studies, etc.).
- MBA Scholarships at HEC Paris: International students from a variety of nations and backgrounds are eligible for attractive scholarships at HEC Paris. HEC scholarships are divided into three categories: merit-based, need-based, and criteria-based.
Career Prospects After MBA in France
An MBA from a renowned French university, regardless of specialization, will undoubtedly add value to your resume. Graduating from a business school such as HEC Paris or INSEAD raises one’s profile and gives them a competitive advantage in the corporate world. These B-schools’ reputations, as well as the quality of their curriculum and relevant practical experience, make them advocates for the French MBA as a whole. As a result, even locally recognized programmes at state-run institutions have a worldwide reputation, allowing them to give better training to aspirants.
Visa Process to Study MBA in France
To study in France as an Indian student, you must have a valid passport and a visa to enter the country. If you wish to pursue MBA in France, you may consider Long Stay Visa:
- Register online and submit documents like academic records, language skills, cover letter, SOP, LOR, valid passport, proof of funding, proof of accommodation, medical insurance, and flight ticket.
- The French embassy will review your application and provide you with an appointment date.
- You will be called for an academic interview with the advisor. Do not forget to carry originals and one set of photocopies.
- At the interview, you will be asked the reason for choosing France and the specific institution
- Then you will be required to make a VFS-France account and submit the necessary documents.
- Verify and confirm your Long-Stay Visa and Residence Permit (VLS-TS).
- In case you wish to stay beyond the validity of your visa, then you’ll have to apply for a residence permit at the prefecture of your place of residence. This has to be done 2 months before expiry.
Know everything about France Student Visa
Explore Part-Time Jobs in France
This is all about pursuing an MBA in France. Want to pursue an MBA abroad? Then book your 30 minutes free career counselling with our experts at Leverage Edu and join one of the top business schools abroad!