Postgraduate Courses With Work Placement in Canada!
Studying in Canada is an attractive option for international students. Not only is it one of the safest… The post Postgraduate Courses With Work Placement in Canada! appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Studying in Canada is an attractive option for international students. Not only is it one of the safest places in the world, but the country also has great cultural diversity that invites foreign students from all over the world. Pursuing postgraduate courses in Canada comes with an opportunity for work placements. The student work placement option gives postgraduates paid work experience related to their field of study in Canada. This blog post collates everything you need to know about postgraduate courses with work placement in Canada in detail!
Benefits of Studying Post-Graduation in Canada
Known for its radical and diverse environment, world-class universities and extensive career opportunities, Canada is undoubtedly a perfect choice for international education:
- Global Outlook: Canada is considered one of the most diverse in the world, with more than 200 nationalities represented by the Canadian student body. This provides great cultural exposure for students who work in multinational companies and wish to develop a greater cultural sensitivity for postgraduate courses with work placement in Canada.
- Education Endowment: Canada’s tertiary education sector secures a large amount of public spending, making the country one of the leading nations in the OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) in terms of government support for higher education.
- Quality Living: Canada is well-known for its quality of living with 5 of the top 100 student cities in the world.
- Bilingual Country: English and French are the two official languages of Canada. The country offers many new opportunities to students who want to learn a new language and enhance already existing skills.
- Post-study Work Placements: In Canada, a candidate is eligible to apply for the work permit post-completion of their postgraduate studies. It allows them to stay in Canada and work for the same duration as their program.
Post-Graduation Work Permit in Canada
Students studying in postgraduate courses with work placement in Canada are eligible to stay in the country and apply for a work permit. Students have a 180-day window to apply for approval after receiving their final grades and working in the country for up to 3 years. The required documents are an official letter from your school and an official transcript or copy confirming that you have studied at the university. To work in the country, candidates must have completed at least one year of training at a university registered with the DIL.
Explore these amazing Jobs in Canada with Work Permit
Top Postgraduate Courses With Work Placement in Canada
The postgraduate courses in Canada include not only the traditional lectures and tutorials, but also site visits, projects, and group work. Most master’s programs include dissertations, which make up the majority of the coursework. Here we provide you with the topmost postgraduate courses with work placement Canada along with the leading universities and the estimated fees range:
|Postgraduate Program||University||Estimated Full-Tuition Range (in CAD)|
|MBA||McGill University, Queen’s University, York University||45,000 – 1,25,000 (INR 26 lakhs – 72 lakhs)|
|MS in Software Engineering||The University of Calgary, Concordia University, University of Regina||22,000 – 82,000 (INR 12 lakhs – 47 lakhs)|
|Masters in Nursing||The University of Toronto, McGill University, University of Alberta||15,000 – 70,000 (INR 8.7 lakhs – 40 lakhs)|
|Masters in Computer Science||The University of Toronto, University of Waterloo, University of British Columbia||70,000 – 90,000 (INR 40 lakhs – 52 lakhs)|
|Masters in Finance||Universite de Montreal, University of British Columbia||30,000 – 80,000 (INR 17 lakhs – 46 lakhs)|
Popular Universities in Canada for Postgraduate Courses
Canadian universities have traditionally built a reputation for excellence in teaching and research. To study at some of the best universities in the world for your postgraduate courses, consider the following universities in Canada with their QS Rankings:
Admission Requirements for Post-Graduation in Canada
To be admitted to a graduate study program in Canada, you must meet certain academic and other requirements as required by the institution to which you are applying.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Undergraduate degree or equivalent from a recognized university
- Work Experience: One to two years of work experience is required to gain entry to your chosen postgraduate program in Canada.
- English Language Proficiency: Proof of English proficiency such as TOEFL, IELTS, C1 advanced level, and if you are applying for a French-taught postgraduate program, you need to submit TCF, TEF, DELF, DALF.
- GMAT/GRE for MBA and Masters programs in Canada.
- Updated CV/Resume
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) & Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- For a Masters in Canada or PhD program, you might have to provide two letters of academic references and previous letters of employment.
- If you are applying for the first time to study in Canada, you will also need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
How to Apply?
To start the admission process, you need to follow it step by step to make sure you don’t miss a thing when submitting your application. The following tips explain the most important steps to take when planning to study for a postgraduate program in Canada.
- Find a Postgraduate Course With Work Placement and a University: Carefully research the PG courses available for your area of interest, as well as the universities that offer them.
- Collect Official Transcripts, SOPs, LOR and More: Applying to study in Canada can be a long process and it is important to start applying as soon as possible. Basic application documents include transcripts and grade sheets for your academic records, English language proficiency (IELTS score for Canada), motivation letters, letters of recommendation (LOR), winners statement (SOP), among others. If you face any trouble gathering all the documents, get in touch with Leverage Edu mentors and we will guide you through every step.
Note: IELTS is an important part of the application process for Canadian universities. Register for the Leverage Live and get admission into your dream university of Canada with record-breaking scores!
- Complete the Application Form and Submit: Canada’s leading universities carry out the application process through an online medium that requires candidates to enter their personal and academic information, submit the required documents, and the required application fee. Make sure to add all your details carefully and double-check before final submission.
- It’s Time to Apply for a Canadian Visa: After your application has been successfully accepted by the university, you can start preparing your visa application. It usually takes around 60 days and requires a lot of documents, so you must start your visa application as soon as possible.
Interested in pursuing postgraduate courses with work placement in Canada? Connect with our Leverage Edu mentors and get assistance regarding the best postgraduate education in your chosen university. Call us on 1800572000 today!
The post Postgraduate Courses With Work Placement in Canada! appeared first on Leverage Edu.