Smolensk State Medical University
Located in the Western region of Russia, Smolensk State Medical University is 80 years old renowned medical establishment.… The post Smolensk State Medical University appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Located in the Western region of Russia, Smolensk State Medical University is 80 years old renowned medical establishment. As one of the most popular destinations for studying medicine abroad, the university houses over 800 Indian students! Russia has become one of the major hubs for MBBS all across the world. Recognized by the WHO, UK, USA and Indian Medical Council, this university is well-known for its low-fees, state of the art infrastructure and quality courses in disciplines like Medicine, Dentistry, Pediatrics, Pharmaceuticals, Nursing and Psychology. In this blog, we will cover the cost of studying at the Smolensk State Medical University, courses, syllabus, eligibility and more!
Why Study at the Smolensk State Medical University?
There are numerous reasons that make an MBBS from Smolensk State Medical University a lucrative option. Let’s look at why you should consider this university as a budding medical student:
- Accreditations: Smolensk State Medical University is one of the most prestigous medical schools in Russia and is acknowledged by Indian Medical Council, WHO, UK, Germany, Canada and USA.
- Multiple Courses: Smolensk State Medical University is a government college that offers various courses in the field of medicine. One of the reasons to consider this university is the fact that an MBBS from this university is valid in India among other countries.
- High Acceptance Rate: The student-friendly campus along with a high acceptance rate makes this college a popular choice among international students.
- International Professors and Guest Lectures: University conducts a series of guest lectures that take place every year which are conducted by researchers from across the world. The university even has faculty visiting from internationally recognized colleges.
- Indian Accommodations: To accommodate Indian students, the university offers separate hostel facilities for Indian students which also includes a mess with Indian cuisine.
- Proxmitiy to Moscow: The university is four hours away from Moscow and has a reservation of 150 seats which means students can easily explore the country!
- Global Networking Opportunities: The campus has students studying from across fifty countries which gives it a multicultural status. International students can build a global network and have the opportunity to interact with people from all walks of life.
- Cultural Festivals: The university has an active Cultural Center which organizes get-togethers and fests in order to create a culturally friendly environment.
Faculties at Smolensk State Medical University
The Smolensk State Medical University offers a wide range of courses across disciplines. The University has 20 hospitals under it, out of which eight are used for research and educational purposes. The Smolensk State Medical University has 8 departments, all medical faculties are equipped with modern lab and multimedia apparatuses:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty for Foreign Students
- Faculty of Pharmaceutics
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology and Social Work
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
- Faculty of Higher Nursing
|Medical in English Medium||6 years|
|Dental in English Medium||5 years|
|Medical in Russian Medium||6 years|
|Dental in Russian Medium||5 years|
|Post-graduation in Medicine||2 or 3 years|
|Post-graduation in Surgery||2 or 3 years|
|PhD in Medicine or Surgery||3 years|
|Russian Language Course||1 year|
|Short-term Russian Language Course||6 months|
Fee Structure for Medicine must be paid before 30th September of the academic year. Students can pay in cash or via NOSTRO bank transfer. Fees are strictly non-refundable and students are required to make timely payments.
Tuition Fee for Medical programme (in English Medium) for the academic year 2021-2022
|Tuition fee||$6000 per year (INR 4,48,933)|
|Scholarship*||$500 per year (INR 37,411)|
|Tuition fee after subtracting the scholarship||$5500 per year (INR 4,11,521)|
|Hostel Fee||$350 per year (INR 26,187.75)|
|Medical Insurance||$150 per year (INR 11,223)|
|Total Fees without Scholarship||$6500 per year (INR 4,86,343)|
|Total Fees with Scholarships||$6000 per year (INR4,48,932)|
(*If a student fails in any of the subjects during any year of education, the scholarship will be discontinued from that year.)
Facilities and Services
The Smolensk State Medical University offers a number of facilities and advanced infrastructure for students to develop their skills and take advantage of the services available on campus-
- Sports Complex
- Indian Mess
- Airport Pick-up Service for International students
Eligibility Requirements for Smolensk State Medical University
One of the salient features of this university is the seamless admission procedure. If you are planning to pursue your education at this university, there are a number of requirements you need to meet:
- The university does not require any entrance exam or proficiency test.
- If you are planning to apply to this university, you should have studied physics, chemistry and biology in your 10+ 2 from a recognized institution of a recognized board.
- The fee structure for MBBS is around 12 to 12.5 lakhs.
- The medium of education is English and programs are available for Non- Russian speakers to learn the basics of it.
- Students are required to clear NEET (National Entrance Eligibility Test) conducted by NTA in India.
- Original and 3 notarized copies of 12th Marksheet
- Original and 3 notarized copies of Secondary Certificate stating date of birth
- 20 Passport size photographs in colour
- A valid Indian Passport
- An AIDS test report
Syllabus for General Medicine
- First aid in pre-hospital phase
- Medical Physics & Mathematics
- Medical Chemistry
- Basic Bioorganic Chemistry
- Medical Economics
- History of Russia
- Latin Language
- Medical Biology
- Medical Informatics
- Mineral metabolism
- History of Medicine
- Psychology & Pedagogy
- Histology, Embryology & Cytology
- Anatomy of systems of neuro immuno endocrinology
- Histophysiology of digestive systems
- Information technology in medicine
- Normal Physiology
- Life safety and disaster medicine
- Clinical Physiology
- Microbiology & Virology
- Propaedeutics of internal Diseases & Radiodiagnosis
- Pathological Anatomy
- Pathological Physiology
- General Surgery & Radiodiagnosis
- Topographical Anatomy & Operative Surgery
- Public Health and Health Care & Economics of Health Care
- Clinical Pathological Anatomy
- Clinical Pathological Physiology
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Neurology, Medical Genetics & Neurosurgery
- Facultative Therapy & Professional Diseases
- Facultative Surgery & Urology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dermatology & Venereology
- Psychiatry & Medical Psychology
- Infectious Diseases
- Hospital Surgery & Pediatric Surgery
- Hospital Therapy & Endocrinology
- Out-Patient Therapy
- Orthopedics & Traumatology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Forensic Medicine
- Anesthesiology, Resuscitation & Intensive Therapy
- Oncology & Radiotherapy
- Functional Diagnostics in the Clinic of Internal Medicine
- Clinical Allergology
- Russian Language
- Physical Training
- Basics of Plastic Surgery
- Prosthetics of Joints
- Clinical & Laboratory Diagnostics in Immunology
- Current Issues of Clinical Immunology in Human Pathology
- High-Tech Treatments in Cardiology
- Hormone Replacement therapy in Peri- and Postmenopaus
- Modern EndovideosurgicalTechnology
- Ultrasound Diagnostics in the Clinic of Internal Medicine
- Basics of Perinatology
- Modern Surgical Technology
Academic and Clinical Practicals
- Care of Therapy and Surgical Patients
- Assistance to Nurses
- Assistance to Ward Nurses
- Assistance to Procedural Nurses
- Assistance to Doctor
- Assistance to Out-Patient Doctor
Average Cost of Living in Russia
The average cost of living in Russia depends upon the city. In the city of Smolensk, the average cost of living per month is $50 (approximately Rs. 3500/-) for students. This includes food, travel and miscellaneous expenses. Tuition fees and accommodation cost is not included in the estimate.
Must Read: Best Medical Universities in Ukraine
Russia is a great place to study because of its excellent universities, quality programmes, low fee structure and cost of living. Studying at the Smolensk State Medical University will provide you with the opportunity to pursue a career in medicine with a global perspective. The admission process may seem difficult but with the help of our experts at Leverage Edu, we can make this process fun and seamless!