Types of UK Visa
A UK visa is an agreement that allows people from all over the world to enter, stay momentarily,… The post Types of UK Visa appeared first on Leverage Edu.
A UK visa is an agreement that allows people from all over the world to enter, stay momentarily, or live permanently in the United Kingdom. Visa is issued by a British High Commission in your home country. According to the UK government, there were an estimated 6.6 lakhs visas granted in March 2021, out of which 38% were for study, 26% were visitor visas, 18% were granted for work visas, and the rest were for family and other reasons. Let’s discuss the different UK visa types, documentation requirements, priority visas and more!
Who Needs UK Visa?
If you are a citizen of the United States, the Economic European Area, or Commonwealth countries, you don’t have to apply for a UK visa before entering the country. You are eligible to apply for different UK visa types if you are from the below-mentioned countries:
UK Visa Types
There are a variety of reasons why people desire to apply for a visa to enter the United Kingdom. As a result, the United Kingdom has a well-organized visa system depending on the visitor’s purpose and several UK Visa types:
|UK Visa Types||Categories|
|Work Visas||-Global Talent Visa Tier 2 (General) Visa|
-Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Visa
-Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa
-Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Visa
-Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Visa
-Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa
|Business Visas||-Tier 1 Enterpreneur Visa|
-Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
-Tier 1 Investor Visa
|Student Visas||-Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa|
-Tier 4 (General) Student Visa
-Short Term Study Visa
|Tourist and Visiting Visas||-Parent of Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa|
-Permitted Paid Engagement Visa
-Short Term Study Visa
-UK Visitor Visa
|Family Visas||-UK Spouse Visa|
-UK Parent Visa
-UK Child Visa
|Transit Visas||-Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV)|
-Visitor in Transit Visa
Also Read: MS in Data Science in UK
UK Resident Permit
A UK Resident Permit or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) confirms your identity, right to work and study in the UK and also you are entitled to enjoy the same benefits and any public services. The following are the factors for getting a UK Resident Permit:
- Apply to settle in the UK
- Apply to travel to the UK for longer than 6 months of duration or extend your stay
- Transfer your UK visa to a new passport
The candidates applying for a UK resident permit will include the following:
- Name, date and place of birth
- Fingerprints and a photo
- Immigration status and conditions of the stay
- If you are accessing the benefits of health services, it will be also included
UK Visa Documents Required
- UK Visa Application Form: The first thing you need to submit is the completed and signed UK visa application form
- Passport-sized Photographs: These should not be older than 6 months. You must carry at least two photographs with you.
- A Valid Passport: Your passport must be valid for three months after the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip.
- Proof of Financial Funds: This includes your bank statements for the last 6 months.
- Proof of Accommodation and Travel Document: This will show where you will be accommodated once you enter the UK including your travel dates, travel agenda, places you will visit, and more.
- Tuberculosis Certificate: In order to be eligible for a UK visa, a tuberculosis test certificate is required.
- Biometric Information: The biometric information includes your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate centre.
- UK Visa Invitation Letter: If you are staying with any of your relatives or friends then you should submit the invitation letter.
Also Read: High Paying Jobs in UK
UK Dependent Visa From India
The UK Dependent Visa from India is for those individuals or family members who have applied or are applying for various work visas categories including different UK visa types such as worker visa (tier 2), temporary worker visa (tier5), or global talent visa. The dependents must be husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, a child aged under 18 years of age.
UK Dependent Visa Documents List
For UK Dependent Visas from India, the following are UK visa documents required for the applicant to fulfil:
- Proof of age above 18 years
- A valid passport
- Valid travel documents
- Bank statements
- Marriage certificate for spouse or birth certificate for a child
- Proof of relationship between the dependant and main applicant
- Divorce certificate of previous marriage if any
- Details of your accommodation
- Proof of employment income
- Your sponsor’s British passport
- Tuberculosis test result
- Criminal record tests
Priority and Super Priority Visa UK
The Super Priority Visa UK and Priority Visa UK services are available options for those who want to travel on an urgent basis. Applicants of priority visa UK receives the visa within 3 – 5 days while for superior visa applicants this speeds up to a single business day. The priority visa UK fees in India are INR 60,546 (spouse) and INR 23,247 (visit, work, study).
Also Read: UK Eases Travel Restrictions for India
PSW Visa UK
The UK post-study work visa permits international students to return to the UK after finishing their graduate studies for a duration of two years to search for employment. The new visa regulations took effect in September/October 2020. PSW Visa holders can work in any job for the first year post-graduation until they seek work that allows them to apply for a general work visa.
Still, confused about which type of UK Visa to apply? If you are confused about where to begin, you can reach out to our Leverage Edu experts that will help you through the process. Call us at 1800572000 and book a FREE 30-minute session today!