Universities in Kent
Popularly known as the garden of England, Kent is situated in southeast England. Kent is home to one… The post Universities in Kent appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Popularly known as the garden of England, Kent is situated in southeast England. Kent is home to one of the world’s old religious buildings and their royal homes serving as an inspiration for many notable writers and authors is the most populous non-metropolitan county. Kent has become a popular study abroad destination among students planning to pursue higher education from the UK. Find out the best universities to study in Kent here!
Universities in Kent
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked universities in Kent? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
|Name of University||Average Fee (For Both Under- and Post- Graduate Programmes)|
|Canterbury Christ Church University||£13,000 (about ₹12.9 Lakhs)|
|University of Kent||£16,800 (about ₹16.7 Lakhs)|
|University of Greenwich||£14,500 (about ₹14.4 Lakhs)|
|University for the Creative Arts (UCA)||£16,950. (about ₹16.9 Lakhs)|
Also Read: Interior Design Courses in UK
Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU)
CCCU is a public university located in Canterbury, Kent, England. Founded as a Church of England college for teacher training in 1962, it was granted university status in 2005. CCCU is Kent’s largest centre of higher education for public services like teacher training, health and social care and emergency services. The university offers academic and professional programmes, including doctorates and research degrees, and is developing its portfolio of STEM courses. Popular programmes for Indian students include MBA, MSc International Business, MSc Computing. Spread across a network of five compasses, CCCU is renowned on the basis of the feedback it receives from its alumni.
|The Complete University Guide||117|
University of Kent
The University of Kent is a semi-collegiate public research university with three campuses throughout Kent, the main campus situated at Canterbury and the other two in Medway and Tonbridge. The University is known for having students from 158 different nations and 41% of its staff being from outside the United Kingdom. The student population is mixed, with around 15,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates, with approximately 22% of students coming from oversea. It is also a member of the Santander Network of European Universities that encourage social and economic development. In 2020, the university was divided into six faculties.
- Division of Arts & Humanities
- Division of Natural Science
- Division of Computing, Engineering & Mathematical Sciences
- Division of Human & Social Sciences
- Kent Business School
- Division for the study of Law, Society & Social Justice
|The Complete University Guide||47|
The University of Greenwich, Medway
The University of Greenwich is a public university located in London and Kent. The Kent Campus is located in Medway as part of a shared campus with CCCU and the University of Kent. The university’s range of subjects includes the likes of architecture, business, computing, engineering, humanities, natural sciences and social science among others. Its international body consists of students from more than 140 countries. The University is complemented by research excellence and an international agenda, and a resource base of highly qualified staff with wide-ranging expertise alongside a total of about 25,000 students from a variety of backgrounds.
|The Complete University Guide||92|
University for the Creative Arts
The University for the Creative Arts is a specialist art and design university in the south of England. Two of its campuses are situated in Kent – Canterbury and Rochester. UCA is the second largest provider of creative arts education in the UK with around 6000 students. It offers a variety of courses in architecture, art, design, fashion, media and performing art subjects at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. It is also divided into a number of academic schools and research centres.
|The Complete University Guide||48|
Also Read: Masters in UK: All You Need To Know!
Applications to universities in Kent are submitted via the UCAS portal. Here’s the step-wise application process:
- Visit the UCAS portal
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements
- Click on the application form of the respective university
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents
- Select the course and pay the application fee
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
Also Read: UK vs Canada: Where to Study in 2021?
General Eligibility Criteria
- Undergraduate – Successful completion of schooling with a 60-75% average percentage.
- Postgraduate – A Bachelor’s Degree of at least 3 years, with either a First Class Degree(70%) or a High Second Class(55%) degree (varies on the basis of the programme)
- PhD – A bachelor’s and master’s degree in the field with either Distinction/High First Class/ Exceptional score.
- General IELTS score – 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.0 in each)
*The Eligibility and IELTS requirements can differentiate on the basis of the course. It is recommended to check on the official website of the respective universities what the requirements are.
Want to be a part of top universities in Kent? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and kickstart your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE counselling session today.