University of Glasgow Acceptance Rate
The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in UK . The university ensures representation, entertainment and… The post University of Glasgow Acceptance Rate appeared first on Leverage Edu.
The University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in UK . The university ensures representation, entertainment and the welfare of its students. As per QS Top Universities 2022,university was ranked 73rd in the world. It is one of the top universities in UK that offers a variety of courses across various fields including Medicine, History, Music, Economics, Business, Psychology, Statistics, Law, Accounting and Finance. Let’s explore the university of Glasgow acceptance rate.
University of Glasgow Acceptance Rate
The University of Glasgow acceptance rate is 74.3% overall. It means out of 100 applicants only 75 students get selected which makes it a fairly selective institution. The University of Glasgow acceptance rate for undergraduate courses is 70% and postgraduate courses is 52%. Here are the course wise university of Glasgow acceptance rates:
|MSc Economics, Banking and Finance||44%|
|MAcc Accounting and Finance||43%|
|MLitt English Literature||53%|
*The figures are based on the batch of students that enrolled in the session 2019-20).
According to a headcount done by QlikView, 16,345 new students were accepted into the University of Glasgow in the academic session 2020-21, out of which 577 were Indian, the highest number of Indians enrolled at Glasgow in the past decade (the number of enrolled Indian Students at Glasgow University was 249 out of 10,777 students in 2011-12 academic session).
Also Read: Study in Glasgow
UG Admissions Eligibility
- Considers students with Central Board or Metro State Board Qualifications.
- Minimum of 75% average score is required including 75% in key subjects, although the percentage varies on the basis of the degree course you are applying for.
- An IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in any subtest.
PG Admissions Eligibility
- Applications are considered from graduates of Indian central, state or leading deemed and private universities.
- A minimum cumulative of 1st division (60-75%) or better throughout all years of their studies is required.
Also Read: How to Transfer Universities in the UK?
Now that you are aware of the University of Glasgow acceptance rate. The next step is submitting the application form. Applications to UK universities are submitted via the UCAS portal. Here’s the step-wise application process:
- Visit the UCAS portal
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements
- Click on the application form of the respective university
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents
- Select the course and pay the application fee
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities
Also Read: Masters in Computer Science in UK
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
*Additional documents may be required on the basis of the course you apply to. Take a look at the official website’s list of postgraduate degree programmes for the same.
Are you thinking about enrolling at the University of Glasgow? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and kickstart your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE counselling session today.