University of Hull Admissions 2023
The United Kingdom is one of the student’s favourite destinations to study abroad. A degree from a UK… The post University of Hull Admissions 2023 appeared first on Leverage Edu.
The United Kingdom is one of the student’s favourite destinations to study abroad. A degree from a UK university adds positively to your career and is recognised internationally. One such university is located in the very affordable city of Kingston, a city in the East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom. The University of Hull is one of the best universities in Kingston which ranks under the top 50 UK institutions for research power by the Times Higher Education. If you are planning to apply to this renowned university for your further studies then this blog will give you the right insight into the University of Hull admissions process.
About the University of Hull
The University of Hull is a public research university, established in 1927, originally known as University College Hull. It ranks among the top 700 universities in the world. Hull provides excellent teaching, leading research facilities and student support. It earned a silver award in the Government’s 2018 Teaching Excellence Framework, which recognises excellence in teaching and learning in UK universities along with the Queen’s Award for Technological Achievement for research in liquid crystal technology. In 2014, the National Research Excellence Framework (REF) judged 62% of their research to be internationally excellent. UH has prominent alumni in the fields of politics, academia, journalism and drama. The university has more than 16,000 students from more than 100 countries. The university offers industry placements and internships through campus recruitment, job fairs and the Hull Internship programme and has an employability percentage of 92.2% meaning students were either in study or work within 15 months of graduation.
University of Hull Admissions Deadlines
There are no strict deadlines to follow while applying to University of Hull admissions for both undergraduate and postgraduate applications. However, undergraduate applicants are recommended to apply by August 1, 2023, for equal consideration.
|Program Type||Application Deadline|
|All Undergraduate||January 25, 2023 (closed)|
|Undergraduate Medicine Programs||October 15, 2023|
|Postgraduate Programs||August 1, 2023|
Popular Courses Offered by the University of Hull
The university offers undergraduate courses, postgraduate taught and research courses PhD and online courses to its applicants in the following subjects:
- Accounting and Finance
- American Studies
- Biological and Marine Science
- Biomedical and Forensic Science
- Business and Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Creative Industries
- Criminology and Professional Policing
- Earth Science
- Education, Teaching and Childhood Studies
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- English and Creative Writing
- Environmental Science
- Film and Media Studies
- Game and Graphic Design
- Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Also Read: MBA in UK for Indian Students
University of Hull Admissions Requirements
If you are interested in applying for the University of Hull, here is a list of requirements you need to check off for the respective courses.
For Undergraduate Programs
- CBSE Standard XII (India Senior School Certificate)with a minimum grade of 70% from the top 4 subjects average
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) with a minimum grade of 70% from the top 4 subjects average
- Board of Intermediate Education Andhra Pradesh (Intermediate Public Examination) with a minimum grade of 60% average
- Government of Karnataka Department of Pre-University Education (Second Year Pre-University Examination) with a minimum grade of 60% average
- Government of Kerala Board of Public Examinations (Higher Secondary Examination Certificate) with a minimum grade of 150 and above average.
- Gujarat Secondary Education Board (Higher Secondary Certificate Examination)with a minimum grade of 70% average
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (Higher Secondary Certificate Examination) with a minimum grade of 60% average
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a range of 28 – 30
- Background in subjects and specific grades in those subjects specified by the university depending upon the course.
- English Language Proficiency Test scores.
For Postgraduate Programs
- A 2:1 (Overall 60%) Bachelor’s degree of a minimum of three years in duration, awarded by a nationally recognised higher education institution in India to be comparable to a UK Bachelor Honours degree.
- Or a 2:2 (Overall 50%) Bachelor’s degree of a minimum of three years in duration, awarded by a nationally recognised higher education institution in India to be comparable to a UK Bachelor Honours degree.
- English Language Proficiency Test scores (Minimum scores specified according to the course)
- GMAT/GRE score, if applicable.
- A background in a particular subject depends upon your choice of specialisation.
For Foundation Courses
- Standard XII with a minimum grade of 55%.
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination/Delhi Senior School Certificate Examination awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) with a minimum grade of 55%.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) / Standard 12 with a minimum grade of 55%.
- Indian School Certificate (Year 12) awarded by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) with a minimum grade of 55%.
- English Language Proficiency Test scores (Minimum scores specified according to the course).
Also Read: Intakes in UK
English Language Requirements
At the time of applying to the University, you must have a qualification in the English Language, if it is not your first language. The following is the list of English Language Tests and required score that is acceptable by the university:
|IELTS Academic Test||6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill)|
|IELTS Indicator Test||6.0 (with at least 5.5 in all skills)|
|PTE Academic||Overall 54 with at least 51 in all skills|
|TOEFL iBT||79 overall and at least 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking, 17 in writing|
|Trinity Integrated Skills in English |
|The distinction in all 4 skills|
|Trinity In III||Pass in all 4 skills|
|Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)||Pass (C1)|
|Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)||Pass (C2)|
Also Read: Cheapest Universities in UK
- Completely fill out the application form
- a personal statement
- Copy of degree certificate and transcript
- Copy of IELTS/PTE/TOEFL test scores
- Copy of GMAT/GRE test scores
- Self-attested X & XII mark sheets and certificates
- 2 references, if applicable
- Passport/Identification Card
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
Also Read: Universities in UK
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
To study in London, UK, you have to apply for a General Student Visa [Tier 4]. You will become eligible for a study visa once you are enrolled in a full-time study course. The requirements include:
- Proof of identity
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number
- Offer letter from the university
- Documents for obtaining CAS
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Proof of funds
- Visa fee payment
- Additional requirements by the university
- You need to switch to a Tier 2 general visa which lasts for 5 years post completion of studies.
- You can qualify for permanent residence provided your income is at least £35,000
Also Read: UK Visa News
University of Hull Admissions Process
The admission process to any international university can be quite tricky. Here’s a simplified step-by-step process to make your application experience easier.
- Step 1: Select Your Course – The first step is to choose your course. The University offers a variety of UG and PG courses in various disciplines. You can visit their website and simply find a course that suits you. You can also use our trusted AI-Course Finder to let AI decide the most suitable course for you.
- Step 2: Start Your Application – The next step is to apply for the chosen course. The application can be made through UCAS or directly through the university’s website. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and English language requirements and attach the required documents.
- Step 3: Gather Test Scores of Proficiency Exams and Required Documents – GMAT, GRE, IELTS, PTE or TOEFL are a mandatory part of the documents required for the application process. Register for Leverage Live and commence with your preparations today. Gather the required documents to get ahead with your application process like LOR, SOP, bank statements, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also part of the supporting documents.
- Step 4: Submit Your Application – Once you are qualified, collected all the documents and fulfilled the language requirements you are ready, to begin with, the application form. To secure your admission at the University of Hull make sure you enter all your personal and professional credentials thoroughly. Later on, check the deadlines, and submit your saved application form at the right time to the university.
- Step 5: Receiving your Offer – After processing your application the University communicates the response through a letter. The response would be either an unconditional offer which indicates the student’s acceptance to a particular course or a conditional offer which means that the admission would be confirmed if and when the students meet a certain admission requirement, usually exam results. Once you receive the decision from the University, you have to accept the offer by following the instructions provided in the letter.
Also Read: How to Ace GRE Verbal Reasoning Section?
Cost of Studying at University of Hull
The tuition fee for undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Hull is as follows:
|Level of Study||Tuition Fees|
|Undergraduate courses||£14,800 – £17,550|
|Postgraduate Taught Courses||from £7,850|
|Postgraduate Research Courses||£15,000 – £17,500|
Accommodation at the University of Hull
For accommodation, Aston University offers 3 on-campus options to its new students. The rent varies from £135 to £150 per week, depending upon your choice of accommodation and the bedroom capacity of the flat. All first-year students who apply by 1 October are guaranteed a place in University-owned, managed or directed accommodation.
Scholarships Offered by the University of Hull
The following scholarships are provided at the time of admission at the University of Hull for the year:
|Graduate PGT Scholarship||£1,000 tuition fee discount|
|GREAT Scholarship 2023||£10,000|
|University of Hull International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022||£5,000|
|University of Hull Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Scholarship 2023||50% Tuition fee|
|University of Hull Faculty of Arts, Culture and Education Undergraduate Scholarship 2023||50% Tuition fee|
That was all the important and latest information regarding the admission process at the University of Hull. If you are interested in getting professional help from our experts at Leverage Edu regarding the application process, then call us anytime at 1800-572-000!