University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship
University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarships Study in New Zealand and win this scholarship at the University of Waikato.The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization and support talented international applicants who are enrolling as new students into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato. The Scholarships have a value of up to  [...]
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalization and support talented international applicants who are enrolling as new students into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato. The Scholarships have a value of up to NZD$10,000, and will be awarded to successful applicants from eligible countries who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and strong potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
The Scholarship will be applied to tuition fees only and is not transferrable. Students are required to pay their first year of tuition fees and apply for a student visa. The University will transfer the scholarship funding to the student’s tuition fees after their enrolment is completed.
This scholarship is for
- Post Graduate
Any field of study offered by the University of Waikato
Region Eligible Countries (by citizenship)
- North America: USA, Canada
- Latin America : Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador
- Europe: Germany, UK, France, Norway
- East Asia : China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan,
- South Asia : India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives
- South East Asia : Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Middle East : Jordan, Iran
- Africa : Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius
- To be eligible, applicants must:
b) not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the
Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma of Business or Science or any other pre-degree pathway programme);
c) not have paid fees at the time of application;
d) be applying to enrol in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme1
, as a new student to the University of Waikato;
e) not be classified as a domestic student
f) have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for
admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic
English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning any studies through
g) have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the
University of Waikato;
h) in the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme/s of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato;
i) be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship and may only
study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available);
j) not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body;
k) not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit
Arrangement,or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement;
l) have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+.
- Applications for the Scholarship can be submitted at any time.
- Decisions will normally be made within 8 weeks of the time of application. However, some decisions will take up to 12 weeks (e.g.,when the University closes in late December).
- Applicants must be intending to enrol on the date outlined in their Offer of Place.
- Applicants must be overseas at the time of submitting their application for the scholarship, and must submit their scholarship application prior to lodging a visa application to travel to New Zealand.
- Applicants must upload the following as part of their online application:
- their conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato; and
- a personal statement that sets out the following (on the template):
How will an international education experience help you to achieve
What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of
Apply Now or visit : Official Website
Te Mata Kairangi School of Graduate Research
The University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240
Phone +64 7 858 5096
Scholarship due date
Calling for Application Now
Next : Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships In Germany
check other New Zealand Scholarships