Denmark Student Visa
Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world. It is renowned as a goldmine of quality… The post Denmark Student Visa appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world. It is renowned as a goldmine of quality education with world-class universities, scholarships, affordable tuition fees and cost of living. With its modern and bustling cities situated amidst striking landscapes, this European country is famous to have incorporated one of the best education systems in the world. Hence, international students with a Denmark Visa will be able to pursue a high-quality education while also enjoying the aesthetic surroundings of the country. Here’s a blog that will tell you everything about the Denmark Student Visa.
Check out the List of the Safest Countries for Women to Study Abroad!
Denmark Student Visa Eligibility Criteria
The following are some of the most important eligibility criteria that need to be met by international students for a Denmark student Visa:
- You must have got confirmation of your admission to Denmark.
- You must have submitted an application to the institution or university where you wish to pursue the course.
- Your admission must be validated, and you must have the required documentary verification.
- Other valid documents, such as educational and professional credentials, should be made available.
- Verifiable educational documents must be submitted.
- You should be able to show proof of your previous highest level of schooling.
- To travel to Denmark, you must be in good health.
- Before entering the country, you must undergo a medical examination and present necessary documentation.
- You must be visiting with the primary purpose of educating yourself.
- In the form of a Police Clearance Certificate, you must also give necessary documentation verification for the same.
- You must have or have access to sufficient funds to cover your stay in Denmark as well as additional expenditures.
- A bank statement or equivalent document, as well as verification of the same, must be supplied.
- If you have a sponsor, you must provide proof of their financial stability, which should be adequate to fund your study.
- The guarantor documents must also be valid and provided with the application.
Denmark Study Visa
The document that permits foreign students to study in Denmark is known as a ‘residence permit’ instead of a ‘student Visa’. Let’s now find out who needs a residence permit to study in Denmark:
- EU/EEA and Switzerland Citizens: If you have a valid passport and are a citizen of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, you can stay in Denmark for up to 3 months. If you want to remain for longer than 3 months, you will need to obtain a Danish registration certificate. This certificate will provide you with a personal identity number, which is required if you wish to work in the nation.
- Non-EU/EEA and Switzerland Citizens: Denmark if you are not from the EU or EEA. The type of permission you will need will be determined by the length of your stay. If you want to remain for less than three months, you will require a Visa, and if you intend to stay for more than three months, you will require a residence permit. Here are some further details:
|Visa for Short Term Stay
|Students can apply for this Visa at the Danish embassy or consulate in their native country if they will be staying in Denmark for less than three months. However, students will not be permitted to work in Denmark with this Visa.
|Residence Permit for Long Term Stay
|If students are planning to stay in Denmark for more than three months for their studies, then they will have to apply for a residence permit. Students can make the application at the Danish embassy in their home country. With the residence permit, students can work in Denmark for 20 hours per week. The residence permit will be valid for the duration of your program, so they need not bother about renewing it during your program. It is better to begin the application process three months before you travel to Denmark.
Explore these Top Denmark Universities for International Students
List of Scholarships to study in Denmark
A comprehensive list of documents is necessary to obtain a student Visa in Denmark. The following is a checklist of important documents that will be required for a Denmark Visa India:
- A passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel
- Photographs taken recently in compliance with the photo specifications
- Confirmed Flight bookings
- Sponsorship evidence
- Proof of sufficient funds to stay in Denmark (around 1,000 EUR/month)
- A signed and filled-in application form
- Acceptance letter from your university
- Residence permit fee payment proof
- Travel insurance
- Proof of accommodation arrangement during your studies
- Medical insurance
- Proof of English language proficiency
How to Apply for a Denmark Student Visa?
Students can apply for a residence permit using the official New to Denmark website. The optimum time to begin applying for a residence permit is 3 months before your planned arrival date. Because some documents must be signed, sealed, and delivered, or biometrics must be provided, the overall duration and processing timeframes may differ depending on your nationality. For Indian students, it may take 60 days for the information to be processed.
Students must also ensure that they are eligible for the position before proceeding with the application process. This can be accomplished by familiarising the embassy’s qualifying requirements. The following is the procedure for applying for a Student Visa in Denmark:
- Create an account on the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Apply Visa portal
- Fill out the online Visa application form for Denmark
- Then, depending on the kind of Visa , pay the required fees
- Schedule an appointment at one of the authorised Visa Application Centers in Denmark (VAC). You can do so by going to the website of the VAC in your region.
- Visit the VAC with the cover letter and documents you received through email. You’ll also need to submit your biometrics here.
Must Read: How to Apply for a Visa?
Note: There are a few things you should keep in mind when filling out the application form. The application’s personal information must match the information on the passport. Every bit of information provided must be accurate and true. There is a risk that the Visa may be rejected if the application includes any incorrect or bogus information. There are a variety of other factors that might result in a Visa denial. Also, keep in mind that a Visa denial of this nature might have an impact on your future Visa applications to Denmark or any other country.
Denmark Student Visa Fees
The total fees for the permit application procedure will be determined by factors such as the number of entries, biometric charges, and other service fees. It also fluctuates in response to changes in currency exchange rates. As a result, you should double-check the quantity when applying. The Visa costs around INR 6600 which is valid for 90 days.
Denmark Student Visa Processing Time
The processing period for obtaining a Denmark study Visa is about 2-3 months or 60-90 days. It is suggested that you submit your application ahead of time so that it may be processed in time for your departure. As per the latest updates, applications can now be submitted up to 6 months in advance of the arrival date. However, the workload at the embassy, the availability of staff, and other factors all influence the Visa processing time.
Denmark Student Visa Work Permit
The number of hours you can work as an international student in Denmark will vary depending on your home country and the time of the year.
- If you are not from the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, you can work up to 20 hours per week from September to May, and 37 hours per week in June, July, and August. You will not need to apply for a separate work permit because these permits are already provided to you through your residence Visa.
- EU, EEA, and Swiss nationals can work as much as they choose to finance their education throughout the year.
Explore these Top Reasons to Study in Nordic Countries
An interview is mandatory for getting a student Visa to Denmark, and the length of the interview varies depending on the circumstances. Following a review of your application, the embassy will conduct an interview to determine whether or not you will be granted the Visa.
If your application for a Student Visa to Denmark has been denied, you can resubmit. The decision on the application will, however, be based on the grounds for the Visa’s refusal. For example, if the Visa was denied due to insufficient documents, but they are complete when you reapply, your chances of being denied are low. If the denial was due to a criminal offence, there’s a risk the application may be refused again.
A medical examination is needed in order to get a student Visa in Denmark. Before travelling to Denmark, you must take the exam and provide necessary documentation verification, as well as proof of medical insurance.
The duration of a Student Visa in Denmark is dependent on the type, of course, you are pursuing. If a letter from the university is obtained, the Visa may be extended according to the course.
You can contact the embassy to inquire about the status of your student Visa for Denmark. If you apply through a Visa agency, you may check the progress of your application on their website or by contacting them.
Denmark is home to some of the world’s finest universities, allowing international students to study in the country without having to provide an IELTS score, on the condition that they provide proof of their English proficiency or the ability to communicate at least at an intermediate level in English. As a result, students who are natural English speakers are excused from the IELTS criteria. However, students who can demonstrate English proficiency at a comparable level may contact the institution’s International Admission Office to evaluate whether their English level is preferable.
Want to study in Denmark? Get in touch with Leverage Edu experts and find out suitable courses, universities and scholarships in a field of your choice. We provide end to end guidance from application to Visa. Call us right now at 1800572000 and book your first 30-minutes of e-meeting for free!