Medical Scholarships in Canada for International Students
Medical Science is a fascinating area of study but is also very costly. The tuition fee for studying… The post Medical Scholarships in Canada for International Students appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Medical Science is a fascinating area of study but is also very costly. The tuition fee for studying medicine or its associated courses is relatively high. Many universities in Canada are listed on reputed international databases, and the current educational agenda of the Canadian Minister of Education emphasises raising the number of international students. Due to this, many Canadian universities and government organisations have started Medical Scholarships for international students. This blog covers all details related to Medical Scholarships in Canada for international students.
Why Study Medicine in Canada?
Here are some top-notch reasons for aspirants to consider studying medicine in Canada:
- To begin with, Canada is a fairly intriguing place to study because of its adverse cultural style and also for security grounds, as the country has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
- Second, the institutions in the nation that provide medicine and associated courses have standard, up-to-date research facilities and equipment that medical students need to learn better, and your credential will be recognised anywhere in the globe.
- The country is home to world-class and top-ranking universities in the world.
- Because of the numerous medical scholarships available for international students, Canada attracts a significant international student population.
Must Read: Is there an MBBS in Canada?
List of Medical Scholarships in Canada
Here is a long list of the top 25 medical scholarships in Canada for international students that we have listed down below:
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Scholarship
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
- National Research Council of Canada (NRCC)
- Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- Partnership Grants by Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowship
- B. Wiswell Scholarship by Dalhousie University
- J Douglas Scholarship in Community Health and Epidemiology by Queen’s University
- F. Lloyd Roberts Scholarship
- Adiel Steacy Memorial Scholarships by Queen’s University
- AE Bowie Scholarship in Medicine by University of Alberta
- Alan Tarshis and Nancy Goodman Scholarship in Medicine by Dalhousie University
- Albert A. Butler Award in Orthopedics by McGill University
- College of Medicine Graduate Scholarship by University of Saskatchewan
- Douglas and Jean Bailey Scholarship by University of British Columbia
- Donald and Christina Jolly Scholarship in Medicine by University of Alberta
- Alex Peeper Memorial Scholarship by University of Guelph
- Chevening Scholarships in Canada
- York University International Entrance Scholarships
- Prestige Scholarship Program at the University of Carleton
- Quest University Fully-Funded David Strangway International Scholarships
Let us explore some of these medical scholarships in Canada for international students in further detail:
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI) Scholarship
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Scholarship comes under important medical scholarships in Canada for international students. The value of the scholarship is CAD 500-1,000 (INR57,557) (expenses not given by the home institution of the applicant and connected to the subscription of online meeting services, internet service, telephone bills, affiliation fees or registration fees for entry to the library or laboratory facility).
Duration: The duration is up to 8-12 weeks.
Eligibility: Medical Scholarships in Canada for international students has this particular Canadian scholarship for students studying in Bachelor’s, Master’s, M.Phil degree programmes at accredited Indian universities. Such students are entitled to pursue research at a Canadian university in their fields, which falls under the SICI network.
Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
The Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship reward cover travel, housing allowance and payment for compulsory tuition. This involves Graduate Student Exchanges (GSEP) that provide Canada with $10,000 (INR7,36071).
Duration: 5-6 months.
Eligibility criteria: This scholarship recognises high-intellect candidates from Commonwealth countries who apply to Master’s and PhD degree advanced study and research programmes.
Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program is also a prestigious scholarship under the Medical Scholarships in Canada for international students. The cost of the scholarship is $5000 (INR 3,68,035) per session.
Duration: For one year (two or three academic sessions), each award is tenable. The importance and length are calculated by the graduation awarding unit and detailed in your letter of the bid.
Eligibility Criteria: For graduate students in a broad spectrum of disciplines.
Students must consider an offer from a university in Ontario and receive a valid research permit as a condition for applying.
Also Read: Cost of Studying in Canada
Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship
The Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship is offered for Doctoral programs and provides grants worth $25,000 (INR 18,40,177) a year with a potential expansion of 12 months and a period of up to 3 years. Postdoctoral scholarships: $35,000 (INR 25,76248) and will not be extended for one year. Short term scholarship for research or professional development: $3,000 for four months each month.
Duration: According to the stage of analysis, importance and period are determined.
Eligibility Criteria: For students studying in Quebec, the merit of each application is evaluated.
Explore: Nursing Courses in Canada
Trillium Scholarship from Ontario
Each scholarship under the Trillium Scholarship is worth $40,000 (INR 29,44,284) annually, 75 scholarships are awarded each year.
Duration: Renewable for four years.
Eligibility Criteria: Ontario universities are responsible, based on merit and curriculum criteria, for choosing and granting scholarships to foreign PhD students.
Other Scholarships in Canada
Here are some other funding options and scholarships in Canada that might be used by international medical students:
|Scholarships/Fundings||Eligibility Criteria||Award Amount in CAD|
|Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship||Eligible only for University of Toronto students||Variable|
|Brokerfish International Student Scholarship||Essay on the importance of health insurance||1,300 (INR 76,062)|
|Go Clean Scholarship||Essay on any given topic||4,617 (INR 2,70,139)|
|Education Future International Scholarship||Minimum 60% in class 10th and 12th||3,600 – 17,000 (INR 2,10,635 – INR 9,94,666)|
|Outdoor Sports Scholarship||3000 words essay on the effect of sports or sports equipment on human life||2,700 (INR 1,57,976)|
Also explore Best Study Abroad Scholarships for Indian Students
How to Apply for Medical Scholarships in Canada?
- Accumulate and process all required documents, such as a student visa/study permit, a valid ID such as a passport, a statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, a CV or resume, English language proficiency test scores and competitive exam scores (IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, or GMAT), diplomas, degrees, transcripts, or certificates from your previous school or college, and so on.
- Choose a university and start researching and contacting people about the scholarship or applying for additional external scholarships after you have been admitted to the programme.
- Choose a medical course of interest and then begin the application process online.
- Start your application as soon as possible so that it can be evaluated as quickly as possible.
- You can even get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts for their expert assistance and guidance that will get you a medical scholarship in Canada for international students.
Note: These paperwork and application processes differ from university to university, therefore it is critical that you contact your desired institution directly for additional information or go through their scholarship website.
The amount of money and form of reward available vary between different institutions. It is competitive to get a scholarship, and so you have to apply way ahead of time. Around 8-12 months before the preferred intake starts, we suggest that you initiate the process.
We hope through this blog we were able to answer all your queries regarding Medical Scholarships in Canada for international students. For further details, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today!
The post Medical Scholarships in Canada for International Students appeared first on Leverage Edu.