The profession of teaching is filled with lucrative prospects but demands highly responsible educators who can impart the… The post CTET Exam appeared first on Leverage Edu.
The profession of teaching is filled with lucrative prospects but demands highly responsible educators who can impart the right knowledge to students and help them discover the best version of themselves. If you are planning to pursue a teaching career in any country, there are several competitive exams that you need to qualify for in order to apply to academic institutions there. One such competitive exam is which stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and is a national-level examination. If you are exploring teaching exams in India, here is a blog that details the various aspects of the CTET exam, its eligibility criteria, syllabus, and career prospects.
CTET exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. It is organized twice every year and the objective behind this exam is to find deserving candidates who are eligible to teach students at primary and secondary education levels till Class Vlll. Clearing this exam, you can apply for teaching profiles at government schools in the country. Moreover, the certificate is applicable for a period of seven years. You can also appear for the exam even if you have already crossed the qualifying level and want to improve your score. There are also some private schools in the state that are incorporating scores as a criterion for screening candidates.
Also Read : UGC NET Exam
|Name of the Examination||Central Teacher Eligibility Test – CTET|
|Frequency||Twice every year|
|Number of Attempts||No upper limit|
|Duration of Examination||150 minutes|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Qualifying Marks||60% & above for the General category |
55% & above for SC/ST
|Medium of Instruction||Hindi and English|
|Number of Papers||Two papers:|
Paper 1 – Given by candidates who want to teach
Paper 2 – Given by candidates who want to teach
|Purpose of the Examination||To narrow down the eligible candidates|
|Number of Exam Cities||110 cities across the country|
Also Read: MAH B.P.Ed CET
CTET Exam Date 2023
Official CTET 2023 exam dates are as follows:
|Application form released||27th April 2023|
|Last date for an application form||26th May 2023|
|Admit Card||Yet to be announced|
|Exam Date||July 2023 to August 2023|
Also Read : MHT CET
CTET Application Process
The application process can be carried out online at the CBSE portal. Here is the step for CTET application online process:
- Create your account as a new user at the exam portal.
- Fill in the key details in the application form, ranging from personal information to academic records.
- Upload the required documents like your photograph, signature, marksheets, etc.
- After submitting your details, you would be required to complete the payment via net banking/credit card or debit card.
- Once you have paid the application fee, a confirmation page will appear. Download this page and keep it for future reference.
Also Read: KTET 2023
To complete the application process, students have to pay the application fee. Application fees can be paid through debit/credit card or net banking. In any circumstance, the fee once paid will not be refunded. Here is the application fee 2023:
|Category||Only Paper-I or Paper-II||Both Paper-I and Paper-II|
|General/OBC||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1200|
|SC/ST/Differently Abled Person||Rs.500||Rs. 600|
CBSE has specified some prerequisites for those wanting to appear for the exam. Here are the different requirements you need to fulfil while applying for the two different papers of this exam:
For l-V Standard
- The candidate must have completed their senior secondary or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks. Also, candidates who have completed or are in the last year of their diploma course in Elementary Education are also allowed.
- The candidate must have passed or be pursuing the last year of their two-year diploma in Elementary education as per the NCTE regulations along with having scored 45% marks in their senior secondary or its equivalent.
- The candidate must have completed their senior secondary degree with a minimum of 50% marks apart from pursuing or completing their B.El.Ed (Bachelor of Elementary Education).
- The candidate must have completed their senior secondary with a basic minimum of 50% marks while pursuing their two-year Diploma in Education.
- The candidate has earned their graduate degree and is pursuing and/or completed their two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
For Vl-Vlll Standard
- The candidate must have completed their undergrad degree in any stream along with either pursuing or completing the final year of a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- A bachelor’s degree with a bare minimum of 50% marks. The candidate must be pursuing or must have completed their B.Ed (first year).
- The candidate must have completed their senior secondary or its equivalent degree/diploma with a minimum of 50% marks while also pursuing or having completed the last year of their 4-year bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education.
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree with a basic minimum of 45% marks apart from having completed or pursuing B.Ed in adherence to the NCTE rules and regulations.
- The candidate must have completed their senior secondary degree or the equivalent of that degree with a minimum of 50% marks along with clearing or pursuing their final year of the four years of their B.A.Ed or B.Sc.Ed.
Also Read : AP TET Exam 2023
Knowing the exam pattern beforehand helps students in preparation and the type of questions that will come in the examination. Here is the exam pattern:
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
|Marking scheme||+1 for correct response|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
|CTET Exam Language||English and Hindi|
Also Read: TNTET
To help you comprehend the different sections of the CTET, here is a table that demonstrates the pattern for each section of the exam.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Grand Total||150 Multiple Choice Questions||150 Marks|
Also Read: CTET Notes & Study Plan
CTET Admit Card 2023
The admit card is issued two weeks before the date of the examination. It contains the date of the exam, time, and venue. No applicant will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card. Here are the steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the admit card link
- Enter the required details such as registration number and password
- Download the admit card displayed on your screens
- Take two printouts of the CTET admit card 2023
Students can check the CTET result on the official website. Visit the website and click on the notification of the recent result. Enter your roll number along with other mandatory information. Your result will be displayed on the screen.
There are numerous books available in the market for the exam. Students are often confused and end up picking up the wrong lot. We have sorted out the best books you can refer to for revision and preparation. Check out the list of CTET books:
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy by Pearsons||Buy Here|
|CTET & TETs English Language Paper I & II by Arihant||Buy Here|
|CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy by Arihant||Buy Here|
|CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper-II: Social Science Teacher Selection (For Class VI-VIII) by Arihant||Buy Here|
Also Read: CTET Books
CTET Preparation Tips
CTET is one of the toughest exams in India. After clearing CTET applicants are eligible to teach classes 1 to 8. Qualifying in the examination is the basic criteria to become a teacher. That’s why aspirants need strategic planning to prepare for this exam. This exam is further divided into different subjects and each one has a separate syllabus, pattern, and difficulty level. To know about the preparation plan for each subject, check out our blog on tips and tricks for CTET Preparation.
CTET Previous Year Question Paper
The best way to prepare for any competitive exam is through practising samples and the previous year’s question papers. Here is the CTET previous year’s questions paper that will help you ace your exams.
|CTET Previous Year Question Paper December 2018|
|CTET Previous Year Question Paper July 2019|
|CTET Previous Year Question Paper December 2019|
CTET Answer Key
Applicants can download the answer key directly from the official website of the CTET exam. Here are all the direct links for CTET answer keys:
|CTET Answer Key January 2021|
|CTET Answer Key January 2021|
|CTET Answer Key July 2019|
|CTET Answer Key July 2019|
|CTET Answer Key December 2018|
|CTET Answer Key December 2018|
CTET Study Notes
Need help in preparing for one of the popular exams in India. Other than referring to books, applicants can also study from NCERT books of classes 1 to 8. Most of the topics in the exam are covered from NCERT books as well. We have also prepared CTET study notes that will help you in preparation. Check out the list of notes:
CTET 2023 will be conducted between July 2023 to August 2023.
The test result will be announced in September 2023.
The test paper includes 5 sections- Language I, Language II, Environmental Studies, Mathematics, and Child Development & Pedagogy.
Hence, we hope that this blog provided you with the key essentials of CTET and how you can apply for this exam. If you are also interested in taking up a teaching job in other states, then, you can also appear for exams like UPTET. Moreover, if you are interested in appearing for any other competitive exam, you can stay in tune with Leverage Edu.