Top 8 Engineering Universities in the Netherlands
The Netherlands is one of the most popular destinations for pursuing higher studies in Europe. From lower interest… The post Top 8 Engineering Universities in the Netherlands appeared first on Leverage Edu.
The Netherlands is one of the most popular destinations for pursuing higher studies in Europe. From lower interest rates to excellent academic facilities, the Netherlands has a lot to offer to its prospective students. Its modern education infrastructure and welcoming atmosphere are the most appealing of all the reasons to pursue higher studies here. Having spoken about that, engineering is one of the top courses pursued by students for higher studies. There are a few popular Engineering Universities in the Netherlands offering UG and PG courses to international students. In this blog, we shall discuss Engineering Universities in the Netherlands and various prerequisites for successful admit!
Why Study in the Netherlands?
As recorded in the EF EPI i.e the English Proficiency Index, Netherlands has the highest proficiency score out of 100 countries, thus international students will find a large number of English taught programmes in the Netherlands, There are nearly 2,100 courses offered in the Netherlands, of which Engineering is one of the most sought after courses. The tuition fees and cost of living in the Netherlands is also considerably low. The education system in the Netherlands also has a lot to offer and has a powerful impact on student’s lives. Hence, it can be rightly said that studying Engineering in the Netherlands would be an excellent opportunity for students to build a strong career for themselves.
Top Engineering Universities in the Netherlands
Although there are a number of engineering universities in the Netherlands, in this section we have listed the top Engineering Universities in the Netherlands offering courses and degrees in Engineering programmes. Have a look at the new QS rankings for top universities in the Netherlands for 2022
How to Apply?
Before applying to any of the Engineering Universities in the Netherlands, students must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria. They should also carefully go through the financial structure, course syllabus and placement opportunities offered by the universities. Then finally select the one university that meets their criteria. Applicants aspiring to study Engineering Universities in Netherlands must apply through the university website and appear for the entrance exam that is followed by group discussion and personal interview round as per the university requirements. Mentioned below is the stepwise application process:
- Visit the university website you want to apply for.
- Click on the admission tab and then select that is redirected to the application form page.
- Enter your personal details and academic qualifications
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the required application fee and submit the application form.
- Application fees can be paid through debit/credit card or internet banking.
Documents Required for Application
To apply to any of the Engineering Universities in the Netherlands, students must ensure they have a list of documents ready at the time of application and when final admission is offered. Here we have listed the basic documents asked for at the time of admission by Engineering Universities in Netherlands –
- Detailed CV
- Letter of Recommendation [LORs]
- Scores of English proficiency tests : IELTS or TOEFL
- Academic Transcripts
Engineering Universities in Netherlands: Scholarships
To pursue engineering from universities in the Netherlands, often students need some financial support. To aid students financially, the Netherlands provides a number of scholarships to international students. We have listed below the scholarships offered:
- Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships: Through this scholarship, an amount that ranges between 5,000-17,000 euros (INR 4,50,145 – INR 15,30,915) is offered.
- TU Delft Excellence Scholarships: This programme provides financial assistance to international students pursuing MSc from Delft University and covers full tuition fees and a monthly allowance for living expenses.
- Orange Knowledge Programme: The whole programme is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and scholarships are open to all the mid-career professionals in specific countries. This scholarship covers the costs of living and costs such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc.
- University of Twente Scholarships: This scholarship program provides financial assistance of € 6,000 – € 25,000 (INR 5,40,110 – INR 22,51,050) every year to students from all nationalities pursuing MSc from the University of Twente.
- Erik Bleumink Scholarships at the University of Groningen: The Erik Bleumink Fund Scholarships covers tuition fee, costs of international travel, subsistence, books, and health insurance are awarded to talented students wishing to pursue a masters degree program of 1-2 years.
- Holland Scholarship: This scholarship programme doesn’t cover full tuition fees. It only grants € 5,000 (INR 4,50,145) during the first year.
Related Read: Popular Scholarships to Study in Netherlands
Engineering is one of the top courses offered in the Netherlands that is why there are so many engineering universities in the Netherlands. These courses and universities are the gateway to living and working in some of the most advanced countries. Students are exposed to excellent career opportunities. The salary offered is also a great deal for students with a degree from Engineering Universities in England. Students can also take up research and innovation after completing their degree. Here are some of the top areas in which students can be employed.
Student Reviews on Studying in Netherlands
So, this was all about Engineering Universities in the Netherlands! We hope you found this to be helpful in choosing a university for yourself. For further guidance, get in touch with our Leverage Edu experts. Follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram.