BSc Nursing in UK
The UK must be one of your top choices for pursuing higher studies abroad. This is due to… The post BSc Nursing in UK appeared first on Leverage Edu.
The UK must be one of your top choices for pursuing higher studies abroad. This is due to multiple reasons, as all of us would know. However, what aspirants must be prepared for is student life in the UK. Of the many courses offered, Nursing is also now a popular choice among students. There are a few universities in UK offering courses in BSc Nursing. If you wish to pursue BSc in Nursing in UK then this blog might be of great help for you. Here we will discuss BSc Nursing in the UK briefly and how to do it. Read on to know more.
|Course||Bachelor of Science Nursing|
|Course Type||Full time|
|Per Annum Course Fees||14,000- 30,000 GBP|
|Average Salary Expected||22,000 – 109,000 GBP|
Why Study in UK?
The United Kingdom is known for its top-tier universities and fine education systems. The country holds an eminence in architecture, professional approach, and modern education and has created some of the most notable people and leaders. The institutions in the UK are consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world. There are various research and job opportunities for students to explore which helps them develop the necessary skills that are globally appreciated. Apart from maintaining a highly professional and elite status in the world, the UK has an amazing life for students to indulge in which makes their stay merrier.
To secure admission to UK universities for a course in BSc Nursing, students must meet the eligibility criteria specified by each University. We have listed the basic eligibility criteria for admission to BSc Nursing in the UK below :
- Cleared 10th and 12th from a recognized board
- Scored good marks in Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Students must hold an updated resume, passport size photos and a valid passport.
Applications to universities offering BSc Nursing in UK applications are submitted via the UCAS portal. Here’s the step-wise application process:
- Visit the UCAS portal
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements
- Click on the application form of the respective university
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents
- Select the course and pay the application fee
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities
- All academic Transcripts
- Previously cleared exam scores
- All the necessary qualification certificates
- Passport photocopy
- Letter of Recommendations
- Bank Statements (Parents/Personal)
- Passport Copy
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
Subjects & Syllabus
Students interested in pursuing BSc Nursing in UK must be aware of the curriculum of the course. We have provided a general overview of the curriculum below –
- Nursing Practises related to patient care for acute and short term needs.
- Nursing Practises related to patient care for long term and complex care.
- Nursing and Health
- Transitions to Professional Practice.
Top Universities for BSc Nursing in UK
|QS 2021 Ranking||University||Duration of the Course|
|31||King’s College London||3 years|
|99||University of Nottingham||3 years|
|27||University of Manchester||3 years|
|20||University of Edinburgh||4 years|
|77||University of Glasgow||4 years|
|209||Belfast University||3 years|
|n/a||Ulster University||3 years|
Scope after BSc Nursing in UK
The job opportunities and career aspects are endless for students after pursuing a BSc Nursing in UK. THe salary offered at the initial stages is also suitable for the students. After completing BSc Nursing in UK, students may opt to work as –
- Trainee Nurse
- Children Nurse
- Staff Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse
- Learning Disability Nurse
- Health Visitor
BSc Nursing in UK Salary
Initially, students might earn up to 24,000 GBP (INR 245472) per year. However, this salary rises progressively with the years of experience. With more experience & qualifications, students can earn between 60,000 GBP – 109,000 GBP per annum.
BSc Nursing in the UK is a 3-year course
The average BSc Nursing salary in the UK is INR 2250164- 3000000
Yes, international students can pursue nursing in the UK.
So, this is all you need to know about BSc Nursing in UK? Wish to apply and confused about the application process. Well, in that case, contact our LeverageEdu experts right away for assistance throughout the process. And for more such content, stay connected with Leverage Edu!