LLB in Australia
Studying law in Australia prepares students for a remarkable legal career by providing them with a strong academic… The post LLB in Australia appeared first on Leverage Edu.
Studying law in Australia prepares students for a remarkable legal career by providing them with a strong academic foundation as well as the strategic, critical, and logical thinking abilities to become successful. A significant proportion of international students prefer Australia to other nations because of the quality and prestige of Australian law degrees. If you are seeking a career that is both intellectually and financially rewarding, then you should really consider pursuing an LLB in Australia!
|Course||Bachelor of Law (LLB)|
|Eligibility||10 + 2 with average 85%|
|Tuition Fees||$15,000 – $33,000 (INR 11.2 Lakh – 24.6 Lakh)|
|Exams Required||TOEFL (105), IELTS (7.5), PTE (76)|
|Job Profile||Litigation Lawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer, Legal Advisor, etc|
5 Reasons to Study LLB in Australia
A law degree from Australia will give you the abilities you need for the legal profession and beyond. Here are the top 5 benefits of studying LLB in Australia.
- The study of law in Australia includes two dimensions: professional practice training and general education in law as an intellectual discipline.
- Many international students pursue the LLB in Australia because of the recognised excellence and expanding international recognition of Australian legal education.
- In Australia, legal education imparts broad generic abilities like analytical reasoning, problem-solving, clear communication, and practical negotiating, which prepare graduates for a wide range of occupations.
- In recent years, Australian legal education has been increasingly internationalised, broadening the curriculum to include comparative viewpoints and preparing attorneys for transnational activity. As Australia’s legal profession moves into and adapts to a globalised society, this makes it even more appealing to international students.
- The High Court of Australia is usually regarded as a common law intellectual leader, Australian jurists are held in excellent regard, and Australian graduates are worldwide recognised for their high skill levels.
Top 10 Universities for LLB in Australia
Law schools in Australia provide in-depth training as well as the chance to pursue a prominent academic career. Seven of the institutions are among the top 50 in the world, according to the QS world rankings. Here are the 10 universities in Australia including the top 5 for pursuing LLB in Australia.
|University Name||QS World Rankings 2022|
|The Australian National University||27|
|The University of Melbourne||37|
|The University of Sydney||38|
|The University of New South Wales||43|
|The University of Queensland||47|
|University of Western Australia||93|
|James Cook University||424|
Also Read: Best Law Universities In Australia
One of the most important considerations for an international student planning to study in another country is eligibility criteria. Although the qualifying standards vary per university and course, the following is the entrance criteria as per the University of Syndey for pursuing LLB in Australia:
- An international student must have completed at least 10+2 years of education for entry into an undergraduate program with an average of 85%.
- Australian universities require the score of best 4 subjects, including English in the class 12th
- It is required to have a high English Language Proficiency Score. The average cut-off marks for English Language Proficiencies are as follows:
- TOEFL: 105
- IELTS: 7.5
- PTE: 76
Apart from being eligible for the LLB in Australia, students are also required to submit the following necessary documents to proceed with the application process.
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores such as IELTS/TOEFL/PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
- Postgraduate applicants have to submit a translation of the degree certificate in case the degree certificate is in another language other than English
Step 1: Select a suitable law school in Australia
Select the LLB course and pick up a preferred university in Australia that offers the same. Check all the details including tuition fees, costs of living, curriculum, employment opportunities, work permit rules. Get in touch with Leverage Edu experts at 1800572000 and get 30 minutes of free counselling sessions.
Step 2: Gather all the Necessary Documents
Exams like IELTS or TOEFL are mandatory to apply for pursuing LLB in Australia. LOR, SOP, essays, updated resumes and official transcripts of previous academic degrees are also the necessary documents. Go through these requirements and start working on them.
Note: If you want to have record-breaking scores in the exams like TOEFL or IELTS. Register for Leverage Live and start your preparation today!
Step 3: Fill & Submit the Application Form
Once you have your documents and language scores, you can now fill up the application form. Make sure to enter all the information carefully. Once you have completed the application form, it’s time to save and select a suitable time to submit your application.
Step 4: Wait for the Offer Letter
Lastly, wait for the offer letter from the selected university. It will take a few weeks to get the application evaluated.
Also Read: LLM in Australia
Cost of Studying LLB in Australia
In Australia, the cost of attending law school varies based on where you live and what degree you wish to pursue. LLB in Australia vary in price from $15,000 to $33,000. Below are the other living expenses in 1st year of Australian law school.
|Hostel & Meals||AUD 10,000 – 11,000 (INR 5,88,260)|
|Insurance||AUD 500 – 600 (INR 28,497)|
|Student Services and Amenities Fee||AUD 300 – 400 (INR 16,323)|
|Living Expense||AUD 7,000 – 8,000 (INR 4,20,186)|
Scholarships for LLB in Australia
Below are the best scholarships for applicants who want to study LLB in Australia:
|Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship||Association of Certified Fraud Examiners||10,000 USD (INR 7.5 Lakh)|
|QS Undergraduate Scholarship||Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd.||10,000 USD (INR 7.5 Lakh)|
|Golden Key Graduate Scholar Award||Golden Key||2,500 USD (INR 1.8 Lakh)|
|The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program||Financial Sumo||1,000 USD (INR 74,509)|
Job Prospects and Salary
Jobs and salary are determined by a number of elements, including the recruitment firm, the candidate’s abilities, and knowledge. Explore some of the most common job positions and pay scales for graduates of LLB in Australia:
|Job Profiles||Salary per annum (AUD)|
Because of the recognised excellence and expanding international recognition of Australian legal education, many international students pursue the LLB or JD in Australia. Many more enrol in postgraduate programmes, such as certificates, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees, which can be completed by coursework, research, or a combination of the two.
Lawyers with different levels of experience, ranging from two to five years up to partner, are in high demand in most practice areas. Due to Australia’s thriving mergers and acquisitions sector, corporate and transaction work is in high demand.
Law is a difficult field to study, but it is likely within your reach if you are ready to put in the effort. Students often devote 15 hours or more each week to courses, depending on their level of legal knowledge and familiarity with university-level studies.
The best law schools in Australia are the University of Melbourne, UNSW, Sydney, James Cook University, Victoria University among others.
It should come as no surprise that legal practitioners rank among Australia’s top ten salaries. Lawyers make greater money on average than Chief Executive Officers and Managing Directors.
Want to pursue law in Australia? Get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu on 1800572000 to know about the upcoming intakes, best universities, application process and more. Book your first 30 minutes free e-meeting with them today and fulfil your study abroad dream!